Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London’s Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success.
And so naturally we are seeking those with the highest potential to achieve. Build your career with us.
We are recruiting a Structures Design Manager with a strong Engineering background who is an authority on technical matters. Successful candidates will be a Chartered Member of ICE or IStructE and have experience of, or the ability to:
- provide technical advice and support in the field of Structural Engineering to our Development, Consulting and Construction businesses
- appoint and manage Engineering consultants, including fees, scope of services and deliverables
- carry out technical reviews of consultants Design Reports and Tender Documentation, focussing on safety, compliance, buildability, sustainability and quality
- add value to projects through optioneering, such as off-site manufacture
- ensure that lessons learnt and design innovations are applied
- actively engage with our clients, consultants, subcontractors at meetings and workshops
As part of your role based at our head office Regents Place in London, you will also visit our site offices to work in close collaboration with project teams. We are seeking an experienced, technically capable, well organised and collaborative individual who can actively drive continuous improvement.
Job Scope includes:
- report to Head of Structures
- provide technical support across all Lendlease Europe offices, including input into Development Briefs and Base Build Definitions
- assist in the selection, appointment and management of Engineering consultants
- comment on structural design fees and resources
- direct the Engineering design process
- actively promote and advise on quality, construction methodology, buildability, design safety, sustainability and use of BIM
- identify risk and opportunity
- ensure compliance of design solutions to a given brief and company standards
- add value to projects through sensible and practical Value Engineering, seeking alternative options such as off-site manufacture
- define scope of services and deliverables of consultants through use of a Design Responsibility Matrix
- assist with relationship management of consultants
- liaise with Lendlease Design Managers and Information Managers to carry out key stage reviews of design reports, drawings, specifications and tender documentation
- attend relevant design meetings and workshops.
- Member of ICE or IStructE
- experience in selection and procurement of designers
- ability to direct and negotiate with major design practices and design teams
- thorough knowledge of the complete design and construction process
- thorough knowledge of technical details for all structural materials
- experience and knowledge of RIBA Work Stages
- experience and knowledge of Professional Services Agreements and Scopes of Services
- knowledge of Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice
- experience in the creation and use of project control mechanisms
- experience of JCT Design & Build, CM and NEC forms of contract
- excellent language and communication skills
- competent IT skills in relevant programmes
- ability to present technical and procedural material to audiences
- experience in BIM, including Navisworks
- holder of CSCS card for Professionally Qualified Persons
- flexibility, openness of approach and willingness to work as a team player
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
For more information and to apply contact email@example.com