Sources close to the project said Bam appears to have the job in the bag after fighting off competition from Carillion, Laing O’Rourke and Bowmer & Kirkland.
One said: “Nothing has been made official yet but our understanding is that Bam has won.”
The contractor declined to comment on the academy contract.
Plans at the site on land next to the Etihad stadium include:
- A home for up to 400 young players who will train and study alongside senior players, with a clear development pathway to the first team
- One half size and 11 full size youth development pitches
- One half size and 4 full size first team pitches
- On site sleeping accommodation and classroom facility for 40 young players to allow them to train and study in a safe and secure environment
- A carefully planned first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and injury and rehab centre
- A 7,000 capacity stadium for youth matches
- Staff offices and a dedicated media centre
- A bridge linking the site to the Etihad Stadium and the rest of the Etihad Campus