The firm beat Kier to the contract to deliver six new school buildings in Stockport, Warrington, Wigan and Ellesmere port.
More than 3,330 pupils in four primary and two secondary schools will be taught in new buildings.
North West Batch 4 schools
- Abingdon Primary School, Stockport
- Beamont Collegiate Academy, Warrington
- Britannia Bridge Primary School, Wigan
- Christchurch CE Primary School, Ellesmere Port
- St Johns CE (VC) Primary School, Stockport
- Werneth School, Stockport
It is the third batch of school projects funded by the Government to be won by Wates and makes it the second most successful contractor on the publicly-funded element of the Priotiyu School Building Programme.
Previous scheme include the first Midlands tranches of schools worth £36m and the East region batch worth £33m.
Present priority schools roll of honour
- Kier (South, £31m; East 2, £58m; North East 2, £62m)
- Wates (East, £33m; Midlands 1, £36m; North West 4, £37m)
- BAM Construct (London, £75m; Midlands 2, £27m)
- Interserve (North West 3, £52m; Midlands 3, £39m)
- Sir Robert McAlpine (North East, £56m)
- Carillion (North West 1, £47m)
- Bowmer & Kirkland (Derby, £28m)
- Willmott Dixon (North West 2, £27m)