This is the third PF2 batch of schools to close and has a capital value of £110m.
Under the deal Morgan Sindall’s construction arm will now start work on five secondary schools and seven primary schools which will benefit 8,150 pupils. Integral UK will provide FM Services.
The schools that are benefiting from this programme are located in Chester, Wigan, Blackpool, Birkenhead, Runcorn, Stockport and Manchester with schools due to be handed over between April 2016 and September 2017.
Lisa Scenna, managing director at Morgan Sindall Investments said: “We look forward to working with our consortium partners and the EFA over the coming two years to complete the construction of all the schools in the project.”
North West PF2 schools
- Blacon High School, Blacon
- The Deanery Church of England High School and Sixth Form College, Wigan
- Neston High School, Neston
- Ridgeway High School, Prenton
- South Shore Academy, Blackpool
- Bedford Drive Primary School, Birkenhead
- Bridge Hall Primary School, Stockport
- Dee Point Primary School, Blacon
- Halebank Primary School, Halebank, Halton
- Hawes Side Primary School, Blackpool
- JH Godwin Primary School, Blacon
- Plymouth Grove Primary School, Manchester