The tender is the latest to hit the market from a new pioneering procurement model that uses Project 13-style integrated collaborative teams.
The big procurement shake-up is being delivered by Programme and Project Partners (PPP), driving forward the clean-up of the Sellafield site in West Cumbria.
This overarching integrated team is made up of a Kellogg Brown and Root (Integration Partner); Jacobs (Design and Engineering Partner); Morgan Sindall Infrastructure (Civils Construction Management Partner) and Doosan Babcock (Process Construction Management Partner), and Sellafield.
Peter Hogg, the PPP head of supply chain, said: “We are keen to hear from potential key delivery partners to take part in an exciting long-term partnership to design and deliver steelwork and cladding of industrial buildings at the Sellafield site.
“This is the latest Multi Project Procurement process to be announced and we are looking forward to hearing from innovative organisations in these fields.”
The package includes early contractor involvement, final design, temporary works, supply and erection services. Contracts may be divided into two lots, due to the scale of the undertaking.
Key delivery partners will be expected to deliver a third of their works using small and medium-sized enterprises.
A full strategy paper outlining the procurement approach, commercial model, timeline, and other important information will be issued to interested firms at the start of the market engagement phase, which runs until 2 February 2022.
- Complete Tender Management portal expression of interest – deadline (7 January 2022)
- Initial supplier briefing – Microsoft Teams briefing to present the package (week commencing 10 Jan 2022) presentation date scheduled for 13 January 2022.
- Questions and answers – Sharing of questions and answers following the briefing
- Online survey – responses due by 19 January 2022)
- Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) issued (2 February 2022)
- Matchmaker process – Promoting the process for SME engagement (ongoing throughout)
To register interest firms need to email: PPP
by 7 January.