Skanska; a leading construction company and developer; is an inclusive and responsible business helping to build a better society. Known for major projects like The A14, Crossrail and HS2, we are creating, upgrading, and maintaining the country’s buildings and infrastructure. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative, and progressive. We bring together people and technology, helping to make our industry safer and more collaborative.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Due to our continued success, we are currently seeking Project Directors to support our Infrastructure strategy across the rail, road and water sectors.
- Set a positive example by not just creating experienced project teams but inclusive and diverse working environments
- Act as a role model to the team to ensure ours (and your) "Values and Behaviours" are embedded throughout the project
- Drive the Successful delivery of Projects in accordance with the Company's Procedures, Management Systems and Performance Targets
- Create and Build suitably experienced Project teams for the benefit of the Company and the Project, understanding the value of diverse and inclusive working environments
- Support the Directors and the Board to build the Business in accordance with the "Strategy Plan”
- Collaborate to get the very best from our Customer and Supply Chain relationships
- An accomplished leader – aware of the importance of building collaborative culture to accomplish common goals
- Known for having a successful track record of leading, managing and delivering multi-disciplinary, high profile infrastructure schemes of £500m plus
- A leader in equitable joint venture type environments, ideally in a UK market
- Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering or similar and having a Professional Chartership Status (CEng MICE) would be highly advantageous
- A Director well versed in leading major rail, road or water/environmental projects
- Able to manage a large team in a high paced environment
- Highly committed to the Customer, particularly in the public sector
We are looking for:
- A person with great Contract form – collaborative working, gravitas and role model behaviours
- Professional, well-presented, excellent communication skills
- Vision – someone who thinks outside the box, is innovative and able to visualise the future and how construction will change
- Profit focused - dedicated and committed to the commercial success of a project
- Behaviours aligned to Skanska’s values and ethics, with a strong focus on safety
- Awareness of the importance we have in society and the impact we can have on communities
- Engaging leadership styles and the ability to foster and build mutually beneficial relationships
To apply online click here.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
- Location: Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
- Additional Locations: London, United Kingdom; Birmingham, England, United Kingdom