At Hopkins, our purpose is to always deliver high levels of customer service and industry knowledge. Our vision is to self-deliver our sustainable projects from design through the installation period and then to maintain the buildings, ensuring they operate to the original design principles. To achieve both, we have built a team of dedicated, innovative and creative people. Who never settle for second best.
In a nutshell
As we continue to grow our network and expand our team across the south of the UK. With hubs already in Hampshire, East Sussex and Thames Valley, we are looking to further our reach and continue to deliver great service and innovative projects to our growing client base.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain a valued experience, whilst being able to have a significant impact on multiple projects.
As the Onsite Labour Resourcing Manager, you will lead and manage the strategic and operational function of the onsite project workforce.
The strategic elements of this role include;
- Workforce management - Strategize and implement measures which enhances the businesses’ ability to accurately track and monitor staff attendance across the project network.
- Workforce planning - Identify workforce needs for the short, medium, and long-term and align with the wider business objectives to build a sustainable and reactive workforce, that focuses on nurturing grass route talent, skilled and competent operatives and experience masters of their trade.
- Communication and expectations - Embed a culture of compliance to site rules and behaviours that enables every site member to champion best practice and sustain a high rate of productivity.
The day-to-day duties of this role will often include;
- To establish a reliable and financially viable labour only / labour & material supply chain.
- To liaise and manage our agency & direct labour supply chain, ensuring we obtain the best operatives available.
- To support the project teams with the labour plan / forecast for every project.
- To obtain the most cost-effective blended rate based on the work content at each stage of the installation.
- To ensure labour is kept at the optimum level to meet the project programme requirements and ensure high productivity.
- To support with any project specific training requirements.
- To ensure the labour is kept to a minimum across all projects (one man less than what we think we need) to offset any natural inefficiencies that may occur.
- To agree and monitor the site hours / rules are being adhered to.
- To identify and agree with the SLT any elements of work that could be done as an incentive scheme.
- To work with the HR team to build a sustainable apprenticeship programme that supports a growing onsite workforce.
- To continually promote our corporate image and encourage “can do attitude” behaviours amongst our site staff.
- Setting of realistic targets / goals to ensure that the workforce buys into the project targets / goals.
- To support the directors and SLT to encourage positive safety cultures amongst our site staff.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in the construction industry and working with multiple onsite teams. As well as having previously held a supervisory or managerial role.
Here are some of the qualities we are looking for in the right person to join our team
- Experience of working within a construction project environment
- Proven ability to successfully lead multi-disciplined teams
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
The following certificates and qualification are beneficial but not essential.
- Construction Management Qualification
- First Aid
- Asbestos Awareness
- BS7671 2018 18th Edition
- Test Inspection 2391 certification.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey, we would love to hear from you!
To apply online click here.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Hopkins, we believe everyone is capable of achieving great things - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team.