James and Son Ltd are a well-established Drywall, Suspended ceilings and Plastering specialist sub-contractor who carries out repeat and regular works, for highly reputable main contractors within the commercial and high-end residential sector’s.
We are looking for an ambitious assistant quantity surveyor to support the office and site based teams, with the opportunity to progress and grow within the company.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Measurement and valuation of works on site and from drawings, for valuations, variations & final accounts as directed.
- Prepare, value and agree daywork sheets.
- Identify and value any changes/variations to the contract.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and final account purposes.
- Assisting with preparation of external valuations and final accounts.
- Monthly stock taking for external valuations.
- Assist with the procurement of any Sub-Contract’s.
- Produce detailed material schedules on an area by area basis for live projects, procure and organise material deliveries to site.
- Carry out take-off, measurement, scheduling exercises and prepare bills of quantities for tendering.
- Assist with tendering for new projects including obtaining material costs and valuing works as specified.
- Produce project related RAMS and O&M manuals.
- Issue technical submittals and sample’s for approval prior to procuring materials.
- Maintain accurate site records and correspondence.
- Assist with and respond to project level correspondence.
- Attend project related meetings.
- Integrate and liaise with the site team.
- Contribute to the delivery of all confirmed project tasks and goals.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Has experience in assistant quantity surveying.
- Ideally (but not essential) holds or studying a Quantity Surveying degree or Construction Management degree.
- Full UK driving licence.
- A good knowledge of Maths.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure & within tight deadlines.
- Ambitious, hard-working and punctual.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com