Purpose of the Role
To assist the Commercial Team with the collation, reconciliation and reporting of project data and provide cost and budget advise to Project Management Team for the Birmingham Eastside Extension Project.
Joining Colas Rail UK provides the opportunity to establish yourself within one of the UK rail industry’s biggest and most prestigious, multi-disciplined Tier 1 contractors, providing you with a springboard that can take you career to new heights.
We take pride in nurturing talent and providing opportunities for you to unlock your potential at whatever stage you are in your career. We encourage cross-collaboration and innovation and if you are interested in advanced learning Colas Rail will enable that.
Everyday we work together safely to solve real problems, with a shared goal of enhancing the infrastructure and logistics support which are key to the UK Rail Network and wider Supply Chain. Everyone here has a voice and we encourage all to speak up, discuss their ideas and implement them.
We’re always looking for passionate people to join our business and with several bases across the UK, there are plenty of opportunities to join our vibrant, creative, and diverse teams.
Colas Rail hold three core values:
- Caring - We take care our of our employees, always ensuring safety is a top priority and we nurture our collective wellbeing
- Sharing - We share a passion for what we do, celebrate our achievements and value high standards like nowhere else.
- Daring - We dare to take on new challenges, we are one of the international leaders in our industry. We keep on innovating, expanding, and conquering new markets.
The performance of Colas Rail UK is dependent upon improving and developing the skills and abilities of all employees, and our Equal Opportunities Policy, above all else, aims to achieve this objective.
Key Success Measures
- Safety & Ethics – Support the implementation of the Business Conduct Guidelines, Colas Rail Limited Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement in all areas.
- Excellence – Ensure work is carried out with a continuous view to profitability and efficiency and look after our shareholders by guaranteeing that they see value for money and a profitable business. Quality is key to competitiveness. Take responsibility for delivering on time and on budget a high-quality product or service, which Colas Rail can take pride in.
- People – Demonstrate respect for colleagues, our clients, and the environment in all areas of work.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
Including but not limited to
- Person Specification
Working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector having hands on experience working for contractors as a CE on large civils or infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of finance systems
- Cost and budget administration
- Financial and commercial reporting
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a CE with a proven track record in major projects.
Interface with project and engineering teams / Interface with finance and procurement teams
To apply, please click here