Equans are recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Hatfield. You will work across sites over Hammersmith and Fulham, Barking and Dagenham and Lambeth therefor a driving license is required. We offer flexibility when not on site to work from home or in the office.
This is a permanent role working full time hours. On offer is a salary of £30,000-£35,000 depending on skills and experience.
We are flexible to consider applications of varied levels, whether you have experience in an AQS or Commercial role, or Commercial Qualifications. We offer the opportunity for someone looking to start their career in a growing team and organisation, offering excellent development opportunities. You will work alongside a well-established QS who can support you in your development.
What will you deliver?
This is an exciting opportunity as the project is venturing into low carbon and ensuring our homes are more sustainable. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making zero carbon happen!
- Assisting the QS/Senior QS with commercial administration and management on several live projects or projects during the pre-construction phase
- Assisting with Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Assisting with management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Supporting the QS in the management of day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Monitoring progress in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release and receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Assisting the QS/Senior QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information prior to carrying out any work on site
- Preparing relevant and accurate data for cost reports
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Regularly monitor and self-reflect on own learning and development
- Attend all training to develop industry competency, leadership and management skills
- We have a healthy pipeline of future works
- Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
Who are we looking for?
- Commercial or QS experience
- Commercial qualifications
- Commercial awareness
- Motivated to start a career in a commercial and QS role
- Driving license is essential
To apply online click here.