Our UK-wide building team has built a reputation for high quality offices in Commercial and Mixed-used developments, Healthcare, Custodial, Defence, and Education. Our award-winning projects include 52 Lime Street, 30 St Mary Axe, Bristol Schools, St Bartholomew and the Royal London Hospitals to name a few.
To build on our success we are looking to recruit a BIM Manager to manage the implementation and delivery of Building Information Modelling within our London Building Division.
The role will be responsible for delivering both project requirements and the business digital strategy. Champion the cultural and process changes that are essential to adoption of BIM technologies and new ways of working.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- The creation of project BIM Execution Plan’s (BEP) at both pre-contract and post-contract stages.
- Management of the BIM Management Workbok (BMWB) in collaboration with Design Management, Commercial and Planning functions.
- Supporting the clash detection process by federating models and managing the checking process. Work with the Design Management team to review errors and report responsibility where necessary
- Managing the consultants and supply chain BIM delivery. Host training sessions where required and validate their deliverables to ensure compliance with project Employers Information Requirements (EIR)
- Supporting Design Team Meetings (DTM) with regards to BIM. Prepare the models for review and navigate the software during the sessions.
- Attending the OU digital forum’s and contribute to the sessions by demonstrating London digital initiatives
- Formulating technical guidance documents to support training in both written and recorded digital content.
We’re looking for:
- Proficiency in the use of software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manager and Solibri model checker, BIM 360 Field, BIM 360 Glue
- Familiar with data exchange formats such as DGN, DWG, NWD, IFC and COBie
- Have a good working knowledge of industry standards such as PAS 1192-2: 2013 and BS 1192: 2007
- Have an understanding of the construction industry in the context of BIM
- Experience working on Building construction projects
- Relevant degree or equivalent
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or to have a confidential discussion around the role please contact me directly on Paramjit.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online before August 7 click here.