To support the growth of the offshore wind and HVDC interconnector projects, Siemens Energy are looking for Building Services Coordinators to join our successful High Voltage Grids business. We’re looking for passionate professionals who are ready to be part of the future of renewable energy.
Let’s talk about you
· Experience within the Construction, Process and/or Industrial sectors.
· Strong understanding of building services installation.
· Excellent communicator who can communicate complex technical and commercial issues.
· Ambitious and willingness to work flexibly, both in the office and on-site.
· Proactive attitude.
· Fully conversant with Health and Safety legislations.
· Familiar with BSRIA BG 6.
· Good standard of IT literacy – especially MS Office 365 solutions.
· Ideally having an HNC/HND or above in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent e.g. NVQ4 or above in building services.
· Qualifications in:
o 18th edition electrical installations
o City & Guilds electrical inspection & testing
o City & Guilds design, erection & verification of electrical installations
· Ideally a member of CIBSE or working towards.
- Executing the project and work packages within the defined requirements (e.g., safety, quality, time, functionality & cost).
- The role encompasses the coordination of designs, specifications and Subcontractor installation and commissioning of these services and equipment, including:
- Hot & cold-water systems
- Lighting (internal and external)
- Electrical distribution (LV)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning (HVAC)
- Security systems (building and CCTV)
- Fire Systems
- Responsible for the procurement and management of subcontractors from design, through delivery and handover.
- Identification, monitoring and mitigation of risks and opportunities.
- Fulling the role of Contract Administrator (NEC3/4 / FIDIC / Bespoke contracts).
- Define, draft and manage the subcontract documentation in coordination with other functions and project stakeholders, including, scope, specification, drawings, programme, resources, design deliverables, interfaces, constraints, document management, reporting, H&S, quality requirements, ‘as builts’.
- Chair technical and progress meetings with subcontractors and internal stakeholders.
- Fulfil the role of design manager/coordinator to ensure the flow of design documentation is consistent with the programme and in line with the design review process within the engineering function and contract requirements.
- Monitor the scope and record any changes in a change log highlighting the potential impact to programme and budget and implement mitigation measures.
- Actively support the implementation of new ideas and innovations e.g., advancements in construction technology and materials.
To apply online click here.
Let’s talk about us
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Here at Siemens Energy we drive innovation, develop new technologies, apply cutting-edge manufacturing technologies - that’s what we do to deliver the most advanced gas turbines that will set new standards in terms of efficiency, reliability and emission reduction
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fuelled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary, annual bonus, and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time