VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy. Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.
We are now looking for a Building Services Manager to join the team to work on our Jersey Airport project.
- The main objective of the role is to manage the building services package on site at Jersey Airport.
- Work will include managing safe survey and disconnection of existing services, provision of temporary supplies to keep the airport operational, phased installation of new mechanical and electrical services, including specialist items of equipment such as AGL, aircraft power supplies, lifts, escalators and sprinklers etc.., and successful hand back of phases of the airport back to Airfield Operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Membership of Recognised Body such as CIBSE, CIPHE, IEE, IET, etc…
- Will be personable with good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Pro-active/can do attitude
- Good rounded services knowledge both electrically and mechanically.
- Reasonable design knowledge
- Able to write work package plans and other method statements / reports, clearly and concisely
- Ability to provide programming advice
- Understanding / appreciation of building services costs
- Awareness of a range of different contracts including JCT and NEC
- The candidate will ideally have extensive main contractor experience of managing mechanical and electrical services within a live airport environment.
- The candidate needs to be able to gain necessary airside security accreditation.
- Ideally located on the island, or alternatively should be willing to work away from home during the week and commute back to the mainland at weekends.
- Given the nature of the project, the successful candidate may need to work unsociable hours as some work will need to be carried out at night.
To apply, please click on the link here.