Precon Products are independent specialist suppliers to the construction and building industry. Operating out of five depots, they supply a wide range of contractors nationally.
We are looking for a reliable Buyer to join our busy buying department.
This position is vital to the team to assist with the smooth running of daily operations, reporting directly to the Senior Buyer.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Negotiate with multiple suppliers to maximise cost saving, quality, and service.
- Engage with the business to identify requirements, create purchase requests, and seek approvals as appropriate.
- Work with internal teams to ensure supplier deliveries are in line with company procedures.
- Prepare procurement reports as required.
- The process of importing products.
- Depot inventory of products and ensuring stock levels are adequately maintained by placing orders accordingly.
- Assist with internal/external communications and meetings.
- Develop strong relationships with depots by regular communication and depot visits to assess stock, including assisting with depot stock takes across the company where required.
- Train new starters within the team once a good understanding of the processes has been achieved.
- Forecast system.
- Be flexible and adapt to the business needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a procurement role, preferably in the construction industry.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes and procedures.
- Able to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Experience using forecast systems.
- Highly numerate with a problem-solving mindset.
- Well organised, self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Able to influence at all levels, both internal and external.
- Able to work within a small team, under pressure and at speed.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS-Office including Excel.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good sense of humour.
- A fantastic benefits scheme including shopping discounts, healthcare and experience perks
- Bike to work scheme
- Car benefit scheme
- Training Opportunities
- Bonus Scheme
This role is full time Monday- Friday 08:00-17:30.
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]