An exciting opportunity is available to work at Cordek Limited, an established and respected innovator operating in a number of niche sectors. Cordek Limited are market leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of innovative solutions to solve a wide range of construction problems.
The CAD & Estimating Manager (CAD EM) manages a small team of CAD Estimators to provide accurate quotations and CAD drawings to help achieve profitable sales of Bespoke Products. From receipt of order the department is the main point of contact for the customer to ensure excellent customer service is maintained throughout the manufacturing and delivery process.
The CAD EM works closely with other departments to ensure coordination across all activities results in meeting customer expectations “right first time”. The CAD Estimating Team also provides CAD drawing support for secured orders of Shaped Products.
- Development of each Project Design Brief, supplied to the team by the Project Design Consultant, into accurate CAD drawings and quotations, issued within agreed time frames
- Review and approve the CAD and estimating output of the CAD Estimators to ensure the areas, volumes, times and other figures used to calculate overall costs are accurate and deliverable by the Operations Team
- Upon receipt of order, gain customer sign off for the design and then provide the Operations Team with a full set of production information including BOM’s, CAD drawings, customer information and delivery requirements
- From receipt of order, the team become the main point of contact for the customer and the CAD EM ensures the team provides excellent customer service by managing all project related issues and coordination with other departments as necessary
- Support the Internal Sales Team with CAD drawings for the production requirements of secured orders for Shaped Products
- Day to day management of the team including performance against agreed objectives, prioritisation of workload, HR issues and adherence to procedures
- Ongoing training to ensure the team continue to develop including technical knowledge, customer service, CAD and estimating skills
- Develop and maintain a design manual covering all standard finishes and design options including realistic tolerances, references to industry standards etc with all revisions recorded on an agreed version control system
- Develop and maintain processes that ensure costings used in quotations are accurate and deliverable by the Operations Team.
- Regularly produce a costing versus actual production analysis with lessons learnt and an implementation plan
- Coaching and mentoring skills that help to get the most out of each team member
- A “team player” that enjoys collaborating with colleagues to achieve team results
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Confident to engage in a technical dialogue with contractors, architects, engineers and suppliers
- The ability to quickly evaluate a drawing or construction issue and to develop practical construction solutions
- Ability to effectively liaise with multiple teams to ensure efficient workflow
- Good working knowledge of industry CAD platforms, standards and drawing conventions
- Strong project planning and project management skills
- Organised, methodical, self-motivated and results orientated, with a positive outlook and capability of using own initiative
- Able to prioritise tasks, workload and achieve deadlines whilst managing multiple projects
Qualifications and experience:
- Experienced Estimating Manager working within the Construction or Building Products industry
- At least 2 years’ experience of successfully managing a team
- “Heavyside” construction knowledge and experience ideally gained from working with formwork and falsework in either the Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, In-situ Concrete or Pre-cast Concrete sectors
- A high level of proficiency using 3D CAD systems, specifically SolidWorks and Rhino
- Project Management experience
- A relevant Construction qualification - not essential
For more information and to apply please email Laura Smile at firstname.lastname@example.org