Ischebeck Titan have an enviable reputation for engineering excellence, in their products, solutions and problem solving ability. As part of our succession planning we are looking to extend this service with an outstanding individual to lead the next generation of our product design and design engineering capability.
A market leading Engineering SME, we are well known throughout the construction industry as innovators in formwork, falsework and geotechnical solutions and we have rare and unique opportunity as a senior position in the company as Chief Engineer. The role would report directly to the Managing Director, also a chartered engineer.
As the Chief Engineer you would lead an innovative Technical Design Engineering and Product Development Team.
The Chief Engineer will:
- Have overall responsibility for the design and manufacturing quality of all products for sale and in the rental fleet of Ischebeck Titan.
- Develop and implement suitable design procedures and standards to ensure the safe and economical use of the product range across the group.
- Ensure adherence to the design procedures across all design offices via checking and audits.
- Develop the product rules and datasheets to ensure that safe and economic technical information is provided to the design team, complying with current regional technical standards applicable.
- Manage the collation of all the product technical information into company datasheets
- Produce design guides to assist in communicating efficient ways to carry out scheme designs with Ischebeck products and training designers
- Verify calculations and / or testing to prove the products (both standard and specials) structural capabilities and compliance with current regional standards.
- Ensure suitable “fit for use” technical standards are in place for ongoing use of all rental equipment.
- Develop new products for the Ischebeck Titan Group in accordance with the business development & marketing strategy.
- Drive performance in the design offices to maximize the speed of output in combination with safe and economical use of the equipment.
- Coordinate CAD development within the offices to ensure best practice and continuous improvement across all offices.
- Deliver the technical aspects of major projects including the design of specially fabricated components.
- Assist with the direct sales and customer contact for technically challenging projects as required.
- Manage the requirements of the product development projects in the office and be able to instruct others on the capabilities and use of these products.
- Develop new product ideas for rental and sale markets and manage the production of manufacturing drawings to ensure good quality, safe, robust and economical products.
- Manage the QA procedures to ensure suitable high standards and correct tolerances are achieved and maintained in manufacture and maintenance of products.
- Manage the inspection & testing of new products as required.
The ideal candidate should hold a Structural or Civil Engineering degree, chartership would be desirable. Due to the seniority of the role successful candidates should have a minimum of 10 years industry relevant experience with ambition to further develop their career. The prospective candidate should be flexible and have a drive to excel themselves and the team. The candidate would have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff. They should have effective commercial awareness, with a keen interest in the company and an understanding of how the organisation works and manages resources.
This role is central to our strategic plans, and we are looking for highly knowledgeable technical person who can also lead by example.
Our company culture drives innovation, passion and growth. We work with excellent clients and suppliers, and our teams are world class. We are always looking to develop and grow. If you are at the top of your career and have the tenacity, drive and passion then we would love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply contact Poonam.bhatt@ischebeck-titan.