Whitehouse Construction is a leading Civil Engineering SME.
We are a family run business directly employing our entire workforce on a PAYE basis, recognising that our people make our business the success it is today.
We are dedicated to providing creative solutions for a wide range of blue-chip companies such as; Environment Agency, Yorkshire Water, Manchester Airport Group, Western Power Distribution, Coal Authority and many more, throughout the Midlands region and beyond. Also, fully owning and operating a Flood Door Manufacturing Facility.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our team on a permanent basis, taking full commercial responsibility for all projects at any one time. They should be keen to develop new management skills as well as enhancing those already attained, in what is a demanding commercial environment.
• Promote best behaviours and set high standards of leadership in Safety Health Environment and Quality(SHEQ) throughout every aspect of our business
• Ensure commercial challenge for site teams
• To support, guide and teach less experienced members of our commercial team
• Responsibility for all interim valuations, financial forecasts, final account agreements and retention
• Provide sub-contractor analysis, procurement, interim assessment and payment overview
• Set and monitor targets to meet our business objectives
• Provide pretender contractual analysis and support to our bid team
• Undertake monthly cost value reconciliations (CVR’s) feeding into Management Accounts
• Excellent communication and people management skills with the ability to influence and
• Problem solving skills and innovative thinking
• Excellent working knowledge of contract conditions including NEC and JCT
• The ability to negotiate across various levels of any Civil Engineering environment
• Experience of Microsoft 365
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
• Applicants will be required to undertake a psychometric personality assessment
As well as offering competitive remuneration for this role, we include a range of flexible benefits such as, Company car/car allowance, generous pension contribution and individual annual performance review.
We are believers in the Living Wage and are an Equal Opportunities employer; welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.
Please send your CV and covering email outlining your suitability for the role to Careers@whc.ltd