Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager, based at our Woodside House office in Annesley for work throughout the Severn Trent region. Reporting to the Delivery Manager you will work alongside the operational and design teams to ensure the profitability, cash management, cost control and accurate reporting of Civil / Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, within the commercial sector of nmcn.
Main duties will be to produce high level commercial reports with emphasis on project specific reports, including Profit & Loss reporting. Team management of QS’s at varying levels, ensuring roles, responsibilities and time lines within the commercial team are met, report dates adhered too. Challenge supply chain procurement while utilising knowledge of NEC and business law to verify, oversee or approve commercial agreements and documentation
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Undertake cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times to site teams.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems.
- Review sub contract orders and advise accordingly within the nmcn business.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Oversee the management information required by nmcn and take responsibility for the accuracy of said information (Provisions, cashflows, pain/gain/ stage 2 – 5 schedule, SAP application, Design & SI targets etc).
- Ensure all relevant KPI data is produced and the accuracy of the information.
- Negotiate with key strategic supply chain.
- Offering direction and instruction.
- Managing daily operations.
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for nmcn Water
- Upload documentation as and when necessary, in line with business requirements to ‘C’ folders to ensure latest documentation is always available.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Endeavour to follow the group commercial policies and the requirements of legislation.
- Endeavour to ensure that cash flow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received appropriately.
- Preparation of monthly management high level financial performance reports.
- Responsibility of validating sensitive commercial information for other team members prior to submission of said information up the reporting chain.
- Management of your team to ensure commercial aspects with the client inc. Comp events, extension of time, completion request etc. are carried out where required
- Assist with Bid Team to enable this work-stream to obtain new customers
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- An understanding of Asset Security
- Previous experience in working with different NEC Contract Options
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
The personal attributes we are looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3 x life insurance
- Free parking
- Flexible working
- 8% enhanced pension contribution
To apply online click here.