VVB are hiring! We are looking for a Commercial Manager
VVB delivers sustainable mechanical, electrical and telecommunication engineering solutions with expertise and long-standing experience across Rail, Highways, Power, and Tunnels. Combining robust processes with specialist agility. Our approach to projects always takes into account the best interests of our clients, our people and our environment.
At VVB, we are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to lead and be responsible for all commercial aspects within our Tunnelling and Power sectors inclusive of potential, existing and new contracts across a portfolio of clients. You will be accountable for managing commercial risk and communicating this across a variety of stakeholders within the business. You will also be responsible for the Profit and Loss management of the sector and projects under your stewardship.
Please check out the full job description below with application details here: VVB Careers Microsite
- Support the work winning team to review and identify risks and accountabilities within tender packs and associated contractual terms and conditions
- Prepare, develop and implement commercial strategies for pre and post tender
- Take a leading role in transitioning the handover of projects tendered into live projects
- Determination of the scope of work and contractual obligations delivering the work through the interpretation of contract documents
- Advise the business on the differing standard form of contracts used for construction projects, and dealing with key provisions including the rights and obligations of the parties
- Quantifying and costing of construction works
- Negotiate contract agreements and manage potential onerous contractual obligations
- Contract administration including providing advice on contractual matters and formulating contractual/legal correspondence
- Financial and commercial control including the production of profit and loss, cash flow, KPI, CVR and Cost to Complete statements
- Review competencies of direct reports, ensure that they have suitable training, qualifications and behaviours to meet the commercial requirements of their role
- Accountable for the timely delivery of key HR activities within the Commercial team including annual appraisals, talent and succession planning etc
- Support in the creation and design of development programmes and employee upskilling activities
What we are looking for... someone that has…
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of NEC contracts (all options)
- Demonstratable knowledge and understanding of Construction law and standard forms of contract
- Knowledge and demonstratable understanding of financial management
- Adept knowledge of MS Office packages inc, Excel, Project and Word
- Ability to use programme analysis and measurement of Earned Value
- Experience of tendering and pre-contract cost analysis
- Understands conflict avoidance, conflict management and dispute resolution procedures
- Negotiating, settling and agreement of Interim / Final Accounts
- Ability to work flexibly, for changing business needs
- Ability to balance the interest of the customer with the interests of the business
- Hold a valid CSCS card or equivalent (PTS etc)
- Full UK driver’s license
This position is based in our London office but offers the opportunity for some homeworking under government guidelines, but you will be required to travel to sites as and when required, in line with COVID-19 guidelines. In return we offer a competitive salary and package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, pension scheme and more!
VVB values the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all prospective and current employees with dignity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
All employees must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in promoting the principles of equality in employment and service delivery.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES.