EQUANS are recruiting for a Commercial Solar PV Design Manager to be based Nationwide. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits package.
The main purpose of the role is to lead design from outline business case through to construction of Solar PV / Battery Storage Systems. An understanding of the bidding process and the key deliverables throughout this process will be of advantage along with knowledge of the relevant electrical regulations/standards although not essential. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure all employees reporting to you do the same and being responsible for ensuring that SHEQ requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
- Agree appointment and scope of service for Design Team alongside Pre-construction Manager
- Review design management protocols with Design Coordinator / Assistant Design Coordinator.
- Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with designers
- Commission required surveys/reports,
- Review all design issues relating to GA’s
- Review compliance with all relevant regulations/legislation
- Liaise with Suppliers and key Stakeholders
- Liaison with the Pre-Construction Manager for commercial costing activities
- Liaison with the operational teams regarding buildability and logistics
- Monitoring of design & resolution of technical queries
- Review design deliverables and design programmes
- Comply with document management protocols
- Assist with procurement and construction programs
- Chairing design team meetings
- Lead Client meetings during Bid Phases
- Review compliance of design against Employer’s Requirements/ Specs/Contractors Proposals/Budget
- Input into VE and design change
- Chair Design reviews and presentations to client Teams
- Monitor design changes and change control
- Agree Design Changes with Client
- Any other reasonable management request
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 2 times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
Skills and abilities
- Able to programme design works
- Knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities
- Understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
- Ability to drive issues through to completion
- Understanding of AutoCad, PVSyst and Helioscope and advantage
- Electrically Trained or knowledge of complex electrical systems relating to Solar PV
- Up to date construction industry knowledge
- Experience in Renewable Energy Schemes
- Technical understanding of substructures, structures, services and finishes solutions
- Knowledge of building regulations / sustainability
- Previous management of design team
- Excellent communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Good Commercial awareness
- Client relationships
- Planning and organising
- Health and safety standards
- Industry accreditation / Qualifications
- Relevant experience
Who are we?
Who are we?
EQUANS is a world leader in energy services with nearly 100,000 employees working in more than 50 countries, with an annual turnover of over 17 billion euros.
In the UK & Ireland, EQUANS is a provider of technical, FM, regeneration and energy services – with specialist capabilities in smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS’ 13,500 UK & Ireland employees combine these activities to help businesses, public sector organisations and government to embrace the energy transition towards net zero, and also the digital & industrial transitions that are redesigning the way we move, work and live.
EQUANS is a Bouygues group company.
If this role is of interest to you, please click here to apply online.
At Equans we’re committed to delivering a culture where everyone’s voice is heard and supported. We know the value a diverse workforce creates, delivering better results for our people, customers, and stakeholders. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do, should you join Equans you’ll find a welcoming and open workplace where you’re supported and encouraged to be your true self at work. You’ll also have access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Professionals Network) and our Disability Network.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a re-location package with this job role. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.