Lendlease was founded 60 years ago, born out of a vision to create a company that could successfully combine the disciplines of construction, development and investment.
Today, we work closely with clients, investors and communities in Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Americas to create better, sustainable places – places that leave a positive legacy and inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
- The Estimator shall be responsible for Cost Planning and Estimating, working closely and directly with the Senior Cost Planner’s and Cost Planning Lead as well as interfacing with internal / external clients, other disciplines, and teams from project inception, accountable and responsible for all cost planning aspects of the projects. Primarily involved with Estimating for external bids (and occasionally internal bids) from inception at feasibility stage inputting into and/or developing conversion strategies, to presentation to the Leadership Team or the appropriate Limits of Authority at Commitment Review, including reviews and sign off in compliance for approval on the internal Lendlease systems (Oli).
- Depending on work load the Estimator / Cost Planner will either lead individually on a bid or work as part of a wider commercial team, depending on the bid stage, scale and complexity. The Estimator / Cost Planner is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the bid including prelims book, cost plan, cost plan commentary, fees and value engineering in coordination with the Lendlease bid / project team.
- To challenge both internal teams and external design teams to design an efficient building within the cost plan, by continuing to analyse the design against the cost plan and good benchmark projects.
- Support the development of best practices / standards, knowledge base, sector expertise including industry trends, yardsticks or benchmarks etc. Ensure knowledge sharing and skills transfer to train, develop and ups-kill the cost planning team. Accountable during delivery of the project with a view to ensuring forecast margins are achieved and maximised.
- Being totally accountable for all of your work, possess the right attitude, show interest, work to the best of your ability and to display initiative within and beyond your roles and responsibilities.
- A champion of transparency, must seek to understand the broader development context and seek to bring design and build solutions that serve the wider Lendlease agenda.
- Accountable for all financial inputs into the project cost plan. Ensure you review and analyse all inputs received from other members of the team, so you are happy that they are correct and make sense.
- Able to accurately quantify and price cost plans at various RIBA stages from Development Briefs onwards to Contract Price.
- Assist in getting the Project Management, Procurement, Design Management, Planning, Legal, Insurance, Construction and Commercial Management disciplines input into the cost planning process.
- Manage and input into the developing design in accordance with the cost plan.
- Participate and evaluate Value Engineering Solutions.
- In collaboration with the commercial team, secure market prices for trade packages and analyse same against cost plan assessment. Ability to price on a Labour, Plant and Materials basis from first principles is desirable but not essential.
- Accurate forecasting of current trade rates.
- Support project teams in the evaluation of commercial risks.
- Utilise company preferred Cost Plan Software and Cost Planning tools.
- Consider the contract conditions together with their impact, i.e. warranties, insurance, bonding, design and construction implications etc.
- Production of documents for Management reviews at required milestones in accordance with Lendlease Governance.
- Present cost plans at Commitment / Business Unit Reviews.
- Prepare and submit cost planning tender documentation.
- Preparation, review and analysis of Preliminaries for first and second stage bids including producing standard preliminaries in accordance with the proposed bid strategy. Incorporating implications of :- programming requirements, methodology, phasing, logistics etc.
- Capturing and analysis of cost data from projects for benchmarking.
- Support project teams with change control and major variations (during conversion and delivery).
- Take off quantities using information ranging from Concept Design to Stage 4.
- Actively contribute to the team’s delivery to the Lendlease Global Minimum Requirements (GMRs) of safety during conversion including active contributions to the Risk & Opportunity at Design (ROAD) and Principal Designer process to eliminate hazard and risk in development, construction, and operation.
- Stay up to date with the current in-house inflation forecasts and apply these to your project using the inflation calculation templates. Maintain an awareness of the market conditions and published reports effecting inflation to be able to justify the inflation amount included within your cost plan.
- Production of written documents (when relevant) with key insights that you have got from your analysis of the cost and benchmarking, so that others understand why you know the cost plan is correct.
- Assess design options and provide an opinion on the viability of them to allow the team to quickly decide whether to proceed with it in more detail.
- Having an expertise in one or more sectors to assist/guide the Project Manager in functionality of the design outcome.
- Act early in identifying opportunities to optimise the design to minimise abortive design work.
- Ensure that the cost plan programme is maintained and that deliverables are completed within the agreed timeframes. Be proactive if programme starts to slip.
- Develop and train the junior members of the cost planning team to improve their skills.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, open manner with other members of the team.
- Promote a positive team environment and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Negotiate with sub-contractors / assess sub-contractor proposal.
- Ensure that the scope, assumptions, and price are clearly documented throughout the cost planning stages and that a submission document is produced at significant gateways.
- Challenge the project team to achieve efficient and the optimal response to the brief in the context of cost and value imperatives.
To apply online click here.
At Lendlease we aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.