Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate around 300 manufacturing sites in the UK and employ over 3,500 people in a wide range of roles from production workers, plant operators, technicians and drivers to sales, IT, engineering and finance managers.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, employing over 45,000 people at 2,300 locations in 40 countries.
We are seeking a quantity surveyor for our contracting division in Shepshed Leicestershire.
Working alongside the commercial and operations team you will have responsibility for the financial management and performance of all contracts as well as providing support for pre-tender activities and tender development.
In addition, the role covers a range of responsibilities, including:
- Negotiation for contracts awarded to Hanson Contracting and liaison with in house and external legal advisors;
- Financial management for contract execution;
- Procurement of sub-contractors and raising sub-contract forms;
- The production of financial and commercial reports and forecasts.
- Prepare and agree subcontractor payment certificates for allocated contracts.
Candidates should have a relevant HND. A degree, Masters, or Chartered status is preferable, as is experience of working in the highway sector.
Our remuneration package includes a competitive salary, company car and a range of benefits including 27 days holiday, contributory pension scheme and an employee discount scheme – plus on-going training and development opportunities to help further your career.
For a full job description and to apply please click here.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please ensure you are legally able to work in the UK before applying for this role.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2021