Whitehouse Construction is a leading Civil Engineering SME.
We are a family run business directly employing our entire workforce on a PAYE basis, recognising that our people make our business the success it is today.
We are dedicated to providing creative solutions for a wide range of blue-chip companies such as; Environment Agency, Yorkshire Water, Manchester Airport Group, Western Power Distribution, Coal Authority and many more, throughout the Midlands region and beyond. Also, fully owning and operating a Flood Door Manufacturing Facility.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team on a permanent basis, taking ultimate responsibility for management and delivery of a number of multidisciplined, high profile Civil Engineering schemes from inception to handover.
• Promote best behaviours and set high standards of leadership in Safety Health Environment and Quality (SHEQ) throughout every aspect of our business
• Ownership of projects including design, costs, programme, documentation, site activities and procurement
• Responsibility for cost risk management and control of projects
• Chair handover and project reviews and deliver project planning meetings with site teams and external clients
• To support, guide and teach less experienced members of our delivery team
• Development of strong team working relationships
• Implement a risk management process, review risk registers and check risk controls
• Set and monitor targets to meet our business objectives
• Extensive knowledge and experience of managing projects within a Civil Engineering environment
• Excellent communication and people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
• Problem solving skills and innovative thinking
• Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost management including forecasting
• Experience of MS project and Microsoft 365
• Site Engineering knowledge and experience
• Experience of pre-qualification and tendering process for multi-disciplined projects
• Applicants will be required to undertake a psychometric personality assessment
As well as offering competitive remuneration for this role, we include a range of flexible benefits such as, Company car/car allowance, generous pension contribution and individual annual performance review.
We are believers in the Living Wage and are an Equal Opportunities employer; welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.
Please send your CV and covering email outlining your suitability for the role to Careers@whc.ltd