CapEx Recruitment are recruiting a Contracts Manager on behalf our client, a major Civil Engineering & Construction Group in Ireland.
The company are seeking a Contracts Manager to be site based on a major civil engineering project in the Munster / Midwest Region of Ireland.
The project is a significant public works infrastructural project that requires a Contracts Manager who has experience in the delivery of large infrastructural projects ideally with substantial roadworks, structures and / or marine works.
This is an interesting and technically challenging project with a range of elements from earthworks and road construction to complex bridge construction and associated temporary works.
We are also recruiting a number of additional members of the project team including Site Agents, Senior Engineers, Site Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and HSQE Advisors.
An overview of the role …
- Assume overall responsibility for the project delivery
- Management of programme risk & experience of early interaction with design teams to ensure key dates & design deliverables are achieved
- Commercially & contractually focused - value engineering, risk management, supply chain management, construction design and liaising with clients
- Must have minimum 15 years on major Public Works Civil Engineering projects in UK or Ireland
- 5+ years at Senior PM / Contracts Mgr level
- Proven record of delivering large scale infrastructural projects
- Have delivered projects (value €30M+) from design stage to completion
- Effective motivational attributes combined with proven managerial skills, coupled with strong commercial awareness are essential requirements.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer (preferable)
- Have a sound knowledge of current construction techniques, build ability and value engineering concepts
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
The Next Step
To register your interest, or for more information regarding this position or other opportunities, please contact Mike Lee in confidence
Phone: + 353 1 513 3301 (IRELAND) or 0203 137 8529 (UK)
If this role isn’t right for you but you are interested in a confidential discussion about other opportunities, please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss.
As our office may not be reached in the normal way due to new COVID 19 work practices, please follow up directly and ensure you leave a voicemail if unable to reach the required person and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
CapEx Recruitment having received your cv to a particular position, are making the reasonable assumption that you are actively seeking a new position, therefore as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable opportunities with you. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know so you can opt out at any point. For further information please refer to the Privacy Notice on our website.