VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.
- To maintain an overview of all aspects relating to design for the region
- To support the Project Manager with managing all aspects relating to design for a particular project(s)
- To add value to the project(s) by promoting ‘best value’ design solutions
- To portray a professional and responsible image of the company to the clients, their colleagues and contractors
- To be part of the ‘Bid Team’ delivering value engineering options, operation delivery solutions, preliminary input and bid document information
- To promote Health Safety and Quality to the projects and through the tender process
- To develop and maintain the design programme and other design controls.
- Be fully aware and understand the requirements and implications, to yourself and others, of the company’s current health and safety, environmental and quality policy (this could apply to all the
- Be responsible for updating your personal information and site information, as designated, on the company intranet (workspace)
- At all times, to act professionally and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Design Coordination
- Agree appointment and scope of service for Design Team
- Review design management protocols with Design Co-ordinator
- Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with designers
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will have experience of working for a main contractor on construction projects ideally finished to a high standard.
Have a solid understanding of design processes, CAD systems, drawings and models.
What we offer
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of equality, diversity and inclusion. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive.
To apply, please click here.