nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides ‘Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking’ across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
We are looking to recruit a Digital Asset Creation (DAC) Manager based out of our Plymouth office. Reporting to a Head of Design, this role will be responsible for the Process Ownership and effective use and development of DAC and design software applications.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Working with design managers and project delivery teams to deliver digital asset information aligned to the delivery strategy
- Compliance with the Design Management System and processes
- Process ownership of Digital Asset Creation and all sub-processes
- Leadership of the sub-process owners / team
- Management of DAC software licenses
- Competency tracking and resource management
- Development of digital design libraries
- Management of supplier information / catalogues
- Attendance at Technology fairs and exhibitions
- Maintain awareness of new and developing DAC related technologies and communicate to the wider engineering team
- Research, assessment and introduction of new DAC tools
- Develop and maintain DAC standards and templates
- Development of the Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Information Manager on BIM projects
- Support Design managers with planning and DAC delivery strategy on each project
- Development of our applications and skills for BIM Applications
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes.
- Control of changes & effect during design & development process.
- Mentoring and support of trainee DAC designers
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Management and leadership skills
- High level of IT literacy
- Experienced 3D modeller
- Experience of data capture, including laser scanning and ‘point cloud’ applications
- Broad knowledge and experience DAC software applications including Autodesk: REVIT, AutoCAD & Navisworks
- Experience of alternative DAC packages / technologies
- Experience in a process industry design role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of the engineering team and their projects
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
To apply online click here.
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.