Who we are
VVB delivers sustainable mechanical, electrical and telecommunication engineering solutions with expertise. and long-standing experience across Rail, Highways, Power, and Tunnels. Combining robust processes with specialist agility, VVB has long-standing experience within the Rail, Highways Power and Tunnelling sectors. Our approach to projects always takes into account the best interests of our clients, our people, and our environment.
VVB Website – www.vvb-eng.com
At VVB, our CORE values shape our behaviour and are integrated in everything we do. Not only are these values central to the entire VVB ethos, but each letter also represents a pillar of our company vision.
C – Care & Collaboration
O – Opportunity & Ownership
R – Responsibility & Respect
E – Excellence & End Result Focus
CORE Values – www.vvb-eng.com/who-we-are/
What we offer
- Competitive, benchmarked salaries
- Life Assurance covered under the VVB Group Life Assurance scheme, provided by Canada Life
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by BUPA, inclusive of an online private GP
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Travel expenses to locations outside of your contractual working location
- Perkbox giving you 24/7 access to perks, benefits, discounts, and wellbeing tools
The role we are recruiting for
At VVB, we are currently recruiting for a Document Controller. Providing robust and accurate document control and administrative support during operational processes, handling enquiries, processing documentation typical to project operations. Single point for registration, receipt, distribution and issue of all Project Documentation. Interested? Apply now!
- Reviewing and numbering with unique document reference and revision project documents before submission to the client.
- Uploading / downloading project documents to multiple Document Control Systems
- Maintaining site document control registers i.e., RAMS, ITP, drawings, document issue and receive, labour
- Recording, checking and tracking all incoming and outgoing project documents.
- Ensuring appropriate personnel (including project personnel and subcontractors) are issued with up-to-date documentation for all Power projects.
- Acting as the assistant project focal point for all administration matters on the Power projects
- Placing requisitions on SAP, reconcile delivery notes with purchase orders
- Single point for all timesheet, time and attendance related queries
- Monitoring site holidays/absence records and liaison with HR department
- Updating & maintaining records of staff holidays, sickness and absence and other project records and recording them on Cascade the company’s HR system
- Update project training matrix, including keeping the HR Cascade system up to date with new starters certificates and sending reminders to project workers when re-fresher training is due.
- Required to attend progress meetings and take detailed minutes and distribute the actions
Key Requirements of the role
- Good knowledge of construction industry document control procedures
- Good understanding of document control processes and best practices
- Good understanding of construction projects, how they work and what administration is required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel/spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience on DMS (Document Management Systems)
- Can work within a team to streamline processes and ensure continuity across projects
- Ability to represent the company professionally
- Able to work flexibly to meet project demands
- Educated to GCSE level, with 5 (A-C) grades in English and Maths, or equivalent
This role’s contracted location will be our London office in Watling Street. You will be required to travel to sites and offices as and when required, in line with COVID-19 guidelines.
VVB values the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all prospective and current employees with dignity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. All employees must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in promoting the principles of equality in employment and service delivery.
Does VVB sound like a company you would like to work for? Send us your CV on the VVB Careers Microsite - careers.vvb-eng.com/vacancies
To apply directly online by May 30 click here.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES.