Growing Company – Interesting Projects – Build Your Expertise
Applied Industrial Systems is a leading Controls and SCADA systems integrator. We develop and maintain major infrastructure projects such as Crossrail, Heathrow Terminal 5, and Dartford River Crossing. Further information here: www.applied.co.uk
The business is expanding, with long term frameworks secured and significant development projects underway, and therefore we are seeking additional electrical maintenance engineers to be involved in the London operations. This engineer role is an opportunity to grow your career, work within a supportive team for a well-established firm. We are rapidly growing and looking to bring in people who are keen to further their knowledge and broaden their experience.
The role includes a good salary package, and benefits with flexible hybrid working. Full training provided.
Maintenance engineers play a key role in the Company’s automation business – maintaining and testing our systems, including our safety systems, in accordance with client technical and contractual requirements.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Project Manager, your duties will include:
- Routine and Preventative maintenance of the systems including night shift working on a rota
- Reactive Maintenance including call outs, fault diagnosis etc.
- Installation and Commissioning
- Training of Clients and others in the operation of the system
- Liaison with software engineers to assist with testing and fault finding.
- Ensuring compliance with the SHEQ systems and contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the systems.
- Demonstrate professional and personal credibility and the ability to build strong working relationships with clients and other contractors
- Managing the time budget and providing the information required for billing and management of work in progress
- You will have the ability to meticulously follow a test schedule.
- You will produce clear and concise defects reports.
- You will proactively engage with all members of the Team to support a continuous improvement program for the SCADA/PLC system and the service provided for the customer.
- Qualification in an electrical technology discipline
- Practising or approved electrician with C&G 2391 advantageous
- Previous maintenance and testing of SCADA/PLC and HMI experience preferred. Writing of PLC/SCADA software is not required, training in the operation of the software will be given.
- Ability to read engineering drawings. Ability to follow and fault find SCADA/PLC and M&E systems.
- Good use of IT skills. The work will involve entering test and maintenance data into an iPad or equivalent. Continuous improvement of the test procedures is encouraged.
- CSCS or ECS card
- This position will require weekend and night shift working and also being on call for which allowances will be payable
- Experience working as part of a small cross functional team.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of management.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision when required
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- You will be required to undergo a criminal record check before any job offer is confirmed. This is a requirement of some of our clients.
To apply: Please send your CV and a covering email with your interest and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held in January.