Our piling and foundations business is looking for an Environmental Advisor to join the team to work across a number of projects across the UK.
Reporting to the Environment Manager, the Environment Advisor will create a culture where environment and sustainable best practice are embedded into the day-to-day running of operations and will support the delivery of Skanska's Environment strategy.
- Assist the Environment Manager to develop, implement and monitor Contract environmental management systems and the requirements of Skanska’s Management System ‘Our Way of Working’ to meet the requirements of ISO 14001
- Be familiar with, understand and communicate the requirements of current environmental legislation, particularly with construction sector related environmental legislation
- Produce and review environmental risk assessments, method statements and management plans,
- Support operational teams in the production of internal and external environmental reports and undertake and assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of environmental performance data
- Carry out site inspections of Skanska and supply chain sites and ensure compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance with obtaining environmental consents, licenses and exemptions required by legislation
- Provide direction, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to carry out their environmental duties and responsibilities
- Provide advice on pollution prevention, waste reduction and management and the prevention of environmental incidents.
- Investigate and advise on environmental incidents, near misses and other incidents
We’re looking for:
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental discipline (ideal)
- Construction industry experience (desirable)
- Member of a relevant professional body or demonstrable relevant experience in the environment and sustainability field (desirable)
- Willingness to travel to projects throughout the UK
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: email@example.com
To apply online by June 1 click here.