Working Options: Hybrid working/ Flexible working/Part-time working
We at Laing O'Rourke have a requirement for Environmental Sustainability Advisor to join one of our specialist business units based in Nottinghamshire with Hybrid working avalaible. The Laing O'Rourke Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction CEMC, is Europe's largest and most advanced pre-assembly manufacturing facility. The role will be providing dedicated support to Crown House Technologies (CHT) business and projects externally.
CHt is a leading construction and infrastructure technology services provider, supplying a complete Building Services package with communications, ICT, intelligent building monitoring, BMS and the UK's largest MEP Manufacturing facility, a 129,000 sq ft factory offering off-site manufacturing and assembly for its digitally engineered modular MEICA packages.
Central to our Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) approach, Explore Manufacturing gives Laing O'Rourke a unique self-delivery capability that leads the construction industry in driving greater levels of design standardisation and construction quality. Our manufacturing operations transform traditional construction methods into modern processes of assembly, using lean automation and quality assurance systems.
What will the role look like?
To provide environmental support across several projects across the country and at an in-house offsite manufacturing facility and serving teams with the following key objectives:
- To ensure that projects and offsite manufacturing facility deliver the planned environmental sustainability requirements.
- To promote the Laing O'Rourke environmental sustainability vision and culture
- Implement and support the delivery of the project specific Environmental and Energy Management Plan
- Champion the implementation of the business environmental sustainability strategy and support delivery teams with development of their project/business commitments
- Support in the provision of environmental engineering solutions so that the latest developments and innovations in permanent and temporary works are considered during construction
- Provide technical advice and direct help to the project team, manufacturing team, clients and contractors to assist with the resolution of any significant environmental challenges as needed, liaise with the appropriate statutory bodies
- Engage with workforce and supply chain to increase environmental sustainability improvement and awareness
- Build capability across the business with regard the understanding and the processes to deliver environmental advances to meet the LOR vision
- Ensure the business complies with environmental legislation and minimise risks of potential breaches leading to prosecution
- Monitor and measure environmental performance and undertake inspections or participate in audit
- Liaise with the BU Environmental Leader to review and advise on the environmental performance, compliance and training across the business
- High level of personal drive and commitment, with effective goal setting ability
- Proactive individual who sees the opportunity to drive the suitability in the corporate world
- The drive to implement and bring innovation across business unit
- Be capable of meeting deadlines agreed and focus on prioritising activities
- Able to take strategic views of the environmental requirements and agree and implement resultant plans
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and to persuade and influence others to gain agreement to and acceptance of ideas
- Positive approach to the challenges of change, help others to become receptive and responsive to change
- Be technically familiar with an extensive range of environmental processes and products advising on the suitability for application on site and alternatives
- The ability to input into the design process of schemes incorporating the statutory requirements relevant
- Continually strive to improve performance of self and others and use innovative methods
- Drive and commitment to challenge and improve the present norms
- Excellent skills in dealing with clients and designers
To apply online click here.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email email@example.com