This is a fantastic full time position for an ambitious, experienced and technically strong individual to join an expanding and progressive organisation. In return we offer an attractive salary and benefits together with career development opportunities.
Cheetham Hill Construction Limited is an award winning, established and experienced civil engineering and building contractor based in the North West.
The Company has recently celebrated its 50th birthday and has achieved this through delivering excellent work on large, national projects for high profile customers.
Our team are therefore of the best calibre and we now want to expand it further as we develop our civil engineering and construction division due to the recent award of a number of large scale projects.
The Estimator will play a crucial role in supporting the continuous flow of new business through the Company. Cheetham Hill Construction Limited carries out a huge variety of civil engineering and construction contracts, ranging in value from £5,000 to £15m for an increasingly broad spectrum of Clients, and working as part of the Estimating Department provides exposure to all of these. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a fast-paced environment where no two jobs are the same.
An ability to identify, assess, scope and communicate issues that may have cost and time implications, inject new ideas or Value Engineering proposals, develop total project cost summaries from fist principles, tender submission documents with assumptions, exclusions and price schedules are all required attributes.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have already worked in a similar role for a civil engineering contractor, pricing works involving earthworks, concrete, drainage and remediation etc.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- scrutinise incoming enquiries;
- assess all relevant technical issues;
- carry out site visits, which may involve nationwide travel;
- prepare take-offs and materials schedules;
- prepare subcontract enquiries and evaluate quotations;
- prepare estimates and outline programmes for the costs of the works;
- coordinate tender submissions including health and safety, environmental and quality elements;
- submit proposals to clients;
- negotiate terms and conditions with clients prior to contract award and;
- Participate in tender handover meetings.
Ideally, the successful applicant will possess the following:
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Knowledge of Conquest estimating software and Microsoft Project.
- Necessary skills to review construction drawings and perform quantity take-offs.
- Ability to produce estimates from first principles.
- Capability to work on multiple tenders and budgets.
- Aptitude to work autonomously.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional attitude to representing the Company.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with covering letter to Claire Chamberlain email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can also be found on our website here