nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our Highways business deliver major transport and infrastructure projects nationally to drive sustainable development and economic growth. Many of our projects involve complex logistical challenges interfacing with multiple stakeholders and coordination with third parties. Adopting a partnering approach from the outset, we work collaboratively with both our clients and project stakeholders to develop optimal solutions that provide best value through reduced risk and efficient delivery.
A vacancy has arisen for an Estimator/Senior Estimator to be based at our Head Office in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire.
Reporting to the Pre-Construction Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for building up accurate cost estimates and producing supporting technical information to enable the company to submit competitive tenders
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Producing analytical rate build ups using commercial estimating software (Conquest)
- Obtaining sufficient quotations to enable valued commercial judgement
- Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
- Check labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate with those derived from the tender programme
- Input into the preparation of Quality and Technical Submissions
- Identify potential risks and opportunities associated with the tender documents
- Risk review of the tender to inform bid decisions in conjunction with Pre-Construction team
- Proposing innovative ideas
- Preparing Site preliminary cost estimates
- Attending and presenting cost information at tender settlement meetings
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
- Promoting nmcn, its image and values, within the industry
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable qualification, preferably to Degree Level
- Construction site experience
- Highways sector knowledge
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
To apply online click here.