Cara Construction is a privately owned family company that has been operating for over 26 years. Our core business comprises of Groundworks and Civils on both Commercial and Residential projects up to the value of £10m. We are seeking a project Estimator to join our team! This is a great opportunity to join our business at an exciting time of growth and expansion.
Job Type : Full time, permanent.
Location : Head Office – Irlam, Manchester.
Salary : Competitive based on experience. Package to include company pension, company car/ car allowance and holidays.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Ability to analyse drawings and specifications
- Create accurate and well organised estimates and proposals including bills of quantities and schedules of work.
- Manage and prioritise enquiries to best manage your time
- Preparing ‘Plot’ schedules for residential schemes.
- Management of initial enquiry through to successful submission of tender within allocated deadlines
- Excellent understanding of current market and supply chain rates
- Assessing and reviewing all tender information received and attend any site visits or pre-tender meetings
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure the best solution is put forward in our submission.
- Organise subcontractor quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents.
- Undertake detailed commercial review with senior management prior to submission of tender to the client.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and clients.
- Relevant industry experience as an estimator (at least 5 years)
- Experience within civil engineering/ groundworks preferable
- Strong commercial awareness
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be a keen team player but to work to own initiative
- Highly computer literate – strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word..
- Full current UK driving licence
As an equal opportunities employer Cara Construction guarantee all applicants will be considered on their own merit regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Please forward your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us Via LinkedIn or our website. (Please note: References will be required).