For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction.
But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy…
We are currently recruiting for a façade project manager to join our construction business on a major regeneration scheme located in Central London. The role of a façade project manager is to co-ordinate the procurement, management, delivery and completion of the building envelope, façade and cladding packages.
The façade project manager will be responsible for writing the finalising the individual scope of works, ensuring the design responsibility criteria is met, managing the design development, managing the interfaces, defining the quality control criteria, managing the works on site and the handover process including part L air infiltration tests.
The applicant will be required to work in close liaison with the project director, commercial manager, Lendlease façade team and all other team members to assist in the successful completion of the envelope. The following is a guide to the key tasks and activities to be undertaken:
- At tender stage where innovation in design or construction methodology will increase the completeness of the bid. The role includes interpreting and challenging unique designs technically, evaluating potential outcomes to deliver robust design conclusions with risk factors highlighted and mitigated where possible
- Produce, read, interrogate and familiarise oneself with the specifications and drawings produced by the design team
- At design stage carrying out due diligence studies, reviewing contractors’ proposals and auditing of suppliers
- At construction stage, carrying out onsite inspections and addressing any technical queries which arise and monitor compliance with Employer’s Requirements
- Understand the Lend Lease policies and procedures and implement them
- Working together with the DT and sub-contractors to incorporate Lendlease’s GMR’s within the design
- Understand and utilise the clients cost plan to help manage the works
- Write scopes of work, quality plans, and methodologies for the work
- Write package acquisition plans and tender recommendation reports
- Understand the technical requirements of the façade and interrogate details
- Prepare and monitor programmes
- Manage RFI’s and the review process of sub-contractor’s documentation via Biw
- Write monthly reports
- Chair, attend, minute meetings
- Be proactive in driving to exceed the clients requirements
- Takes safety of stakeholders, employees, self, suppliers and the public seriously. Understands own and others’ role in emergency situations and minimizes risk.
- As a member of Lend Lease UK staff, the individual fully understands the relevance of sustainability to them and to the business and the 3 main areas we are committed to achieving within; economic development, social enrichment and environmental protection.
- Understands, respects and meets the needs of Lend Lease diverse workforce and clients. Active opposition to any form of unfair and unlawful discrimination
- Is adaptable and open to new ways of working. Thinks of new or innovative ways of looking at business problems, stands back from the detail to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Makes sense of information, analyses problems logically and recommends effective solutions
- Works constructively with colleagues within the team and across the broader organisation; gives and obtains co-operation and acts to minimise unproductive conflict within the team.
- Communicates ideas and directions effectively both orally and in writing. Uses a variety of approaches to persuade, convince or influence individuals or groups to gain commitment to company strategies, plans and support for own ideas and initiatives.
- Acts to anticipate, meet and exceed the needs and expectations of stakeholders.
- Plans and organises effectively in order to deliver objectives.
Essential & desirable criteria
- Experience in delivery façade/envelope packages
- Experienced in communicating technical information at all levels; both technical and non-technical to customer/client, peers and stakeholders
- Broad experience in the use (both design and construction) of the main façade materials.
- Thorough appreciation of building costs and programming issues based on experience
- Experience in managing the design development of building envelope packages
- Experience is writing scopes of works and quality control documents for building envelop
- Experience in working with high profile designers
- Experience in working with large project teams
- Ability to manage several trade contractors on site
- Ability to successfully manage trade interfaces
- Ability to integrate within the LL team
To apply online click here.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.