Established in 1984, Allen Watson is a specialist privately-owned Trenchless Technology contractor. We own and operate an extensive range of directional drilling and guided boring machines together with other specialist no-dig equipment and techniques working throughout the UK.
The company operates across a wide range of sectors including Rail, Water, Oil, Gas, Electricity, and Telecoms, installing pipes, sleeves, and cable ducts. Allen Watson Limited is a part of the Cappagh Group of Companies.
We are seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the position of Senior Manager. You will have a sound business acumen and you will have a demonstrable track record in the trenchless industry (either auger boring, directional drilling or micro-tunnelling).
You are likely to already have experience of running a business or business unit and as such, your management skills are already proven.
You will possess excellent commercial and financial judgement and will be adept at estimating trenchless projects.
You are expected to understand forms of contract or have a good head for understanding contractual matters.
You will have a hand in the general administration of the company affairs.
The successful candidate will be energetic and passionate about doing a first-class job and will have a critical eye for detail. You will have a high desire for success and will want to be involved in an opportunity to grow a company with the right opportunities.
This position will be a senior appointment within the company and there will be an excellent progression opportunity for the right candidate who develops into the role. If appropriate, more detail of the growth opportunities will be discussed at the interview.
Essential Personal Attributes and Skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Possesses very strong Appetite / Ambition / Drive
- Strong Work Ethic
- Natural communicator at any level
- Ability to present to clients
- High attention to detail
- Potential future company leader
- Has aspirations to progress career
- Strong negotiation skills
- Builds professional working relationships with clients
- Determination to follow work leads through to award
- Quick learner / inquisitive mind
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Logical, quick thinker
- Inquisitive approach to new technology
- Strong I.T. skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Attractive salary
- Bonus scheme
- PAYE permanent position
- Company vehicle or allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Defined contributory pension scheme
- Family-owned, friendly environment
We are likely to hold a 2-stage interview process before appointing the successful candidate. The initial stage will involve a panel interview.
To apply please contact reception@allenwatson.
Allen Watson is an equal opportunities employer