McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland. We are seeking to recruit an experienced Head of Building Services to join the team. The successful candidate will be experienced in the design, installation and maintenance of these essential services.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Manager and Leader with high levels of initiative who can continue to bring improvement to the company.
- To manage and support the Building services team in their day to day activities. Develop their skills and knowledge through additional training, including BIM and Technical knowledge
- Attending client progress, Principle and technical meetings and ensuring specialist design, progress, coordination and commissioning meetings are all being carried out effectively
- Making sure all Building services needs are met, reflected in the Contracts, works scope, building and fabric with information delivered in good time
- To support the continuing development of a quality management system for compliance, service installation, testing and commissioning
- To lead the team on Sustainable options, value engineering, quality and the design and build process
- To attend tender interviews and present technical options to Clients and Consultants. To lead two stage Tender and framework pre-construction activities
- Continue to develop the company’s data base of Consultants and Contractors, review performance and maintain and support relations
- Work with Tender and pre-construction teams to make sure client requirements are met and proposals reflect their needs and the contract
- Ensure the Design, Drawings and approvals process is in line with programme
- Making sure projects comply with building regulations, planning conditions, specifications and BREEAM
- Supporting Planning teams in making sure building services are fully integrated into the delivery programme and execution plans
- Ensure Site Management and Health and Safety teams are fully supported with their needs
- Ensure progress is being monitored against targets and assisting the Senior Management team with ensuring specialist contractors resource and approach meets the business needs
- Ensure the Quantity Surveying and Commercial teams are fully supported with review of changes to contract and valuations of the work. This includes making sure changes are properly recorded, instructed where necessary and implications fully understood
- Ensure the commissioning process is correctly planned and managed to make sure all systems operate as designed, witness and validation completed and building users are trained in operation
Relevant Building Services Qualification
- Principal contractor experience in a similar role
- Applicants from Mechanical and Electrical Contractors and consultants will also be considered.
- Regular travel required throughout the UK
- UK Driving Licence essential
- CSCS card required
To apply online click here.
McLaughlin and Harvey are an equal opportunities employer