About the role:
- Leading offsite design solutions and innovating in our offering to customers.
- Managing the technical design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design
- Ensuring the design process and solutions recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety and financial risks in the design and construction process.
- Managing internal and external relationships with design teams, procurement, production and specialist advisers
- Supporting the production and maintenance of a project bid budget-Integrating central resources with regional business unit resources on project specific basis
- Production of bid programs and action plans
- Increasing understanding of the market and positions in the sector
- Collaboration with the construction team on build-ability and logistics to feed back into the design process
- Managing a design team, with the integration of external design consultants.
About the candidate:
- Demonstratable experience within a similar position and industry
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project
- Construction qualifications desirable (RIBA, Meng, RICS)
- Knowledge of software and skill including using 2 & 3D CAD / other 3D modelling software such as Revit, Vertex and Tekla as necessary and BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- History of managing a Design Team – either an architectural or construction background.
- Good understanding and experience of BOPAS and NHBC accreditations as well as fire safety etc
- Experience being the number one Design Lead on various residential, hotel and student accommodation projects
- Strong commercial and communication skills; liaising with clients, consultants and various pre-construction & construction teams.
To apply online click here.