Health & Safety Manager – Maternity Cover – initial 14 months – applicant to be able to start no later than early August 2021.
Based in London either at our Park Royal offices or on site in the EC1 and WC1 areas, this is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation in a ‘hands on’ role and continue to embed and support essential health and safety processes and standards as part of the drive to keep it at the forefront of everything Thomann-Hanry does.
The role purpose is to provide maternity cover for the post of Health & Safety Manager at Thomann-Hanry. The role will ensure the continued support, coordination and input into the health safety requirements for a wide variety of projects taking place on historic buildings in and around the Greater London area. Further to this the role will continue with the current work on the implementation on a number of standards that are being progressed for the organisation.
- Regularly review and update company risk assessments, safe operating procedures and safety statement
- Screen projects and project sites before work commences, identifying safety-related risks
- Inspect active project sites to evaluate ongoing work conditions to guarantee compliance
- Liaise with external parties such as government-employed inspectors to evaluate the process of sites
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control
- Work with senior management to create plans for emergency procedures
- Promptly alert management of any significant incidents or accidents
- Maintain safety related paperwork, including plant logs and safety training certifications
- Train company employees on safe work practices and emergency procedures and undertake health and safety inductions
- Disseminating health and safety information and documents ensuring all is completed and compliant
- Represent Thomann-Hanry in meetings with government bodies and other organisations on issues regarding workplace health and safety
- Interact with licensed bodies for regular updates on legal regulations and program initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues.
- Continuation of implementation of standards IS09001 & ISO14001
- Management of digital safety checklist software iAuditor
- Management of health & safety database
- Selecting and co-ordinating equipment, materials and contractors needed for health and safety compliance.
- Costing and analysis of all health and safety equipment
- Ensuring that appropriate PPE is issued and used correctly by employees
- Attending and providing information at the weekly ‘Monday Management Meeting’
- Ensuring all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner and in line with corporate response times
- Meeting potential clients and fostering relationships
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
Essential skills and experience
- Sound working knowledge of lifting plant and machinery
- Exceptional knowledge of COSHH, CDM, LOLER standards and regulations
- Expertise in specific skilled trades/type of work such as painting, stone masonry, HGV drivers and façade/stone cleaners
- Ability to access heights via ladders, scaffolding and MEWPS
- Good listening skills – the ability to listen effectively and receive feedback from the employee perspective without passing judgment
- Cultivating strong working relations to resolve project conflicts and making decisions where necessary
- Good organisational and recordkeeping abilities – the ability to maintain good records of all safety-related activities
- High level management and implementation skills, including an ability to manage multiple strands of activity simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with ability to work proactively with people at all levels
- Well-developed negotiation skills, in order to re-negotiate deadlines and resources without creating unacceptable risk.
- Excellent team player with an outgoing and friendly manner
- Excellent chairing skills to ensure output led and effective meetings
- Ability to work well under pressure in a methodical and organised manner.
- High level organisation skills with the ability to work independently and prioritise workload to meet fixed deadlines.
- Good attention to detail
Please apply by forwarding your C.V. and a cover letter to Michelle Care, People & Culture Manager: email@example.com