Intermediate and Project Quantity Surveyors Required
- Are you truly appreciated by your current employer?
- Have you been sufficiently rewarded for your service?
- Has their COVID-19 strategy left you feeling frustrated, disappointed?
- Want to work with a company who care about their staff?
- A company with the aim to reach the very top of their specialist field…
- A company who continues to thrive in any circumstance due to their extraordinary service and product…
- A company with an established Tier 1 client base…
- Where you can be challenged and develop into the Construction Professional you know you can be…
Then Blou Construction is where you belong.
Blou are a Specialist Carpentry & Joinery Contractor headquartered in the City of London. Blou are considered one of the finest contractors of their kind and currently work with the most well-established Main Contractors in the industry on projects within the retail, residential and commercial sectors.
For more information visit www.blouconstruction.com
Blou are looking for trainee level and graduate level Quantity Surveyors to join their ambitious, innovative team which has a perfect blend of experience and youth. The successful candidate will be trained by highly qualified existing members of the Blou team and supported towards further higher qualifications.
Requirements vary depending on the candidate’s entry level
- GCSE A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Construction related HNC and HND qualifications.
- Construction related degrees in fields such as Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Management or similar.
Roles & responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities will vary depending on the entry level of the candidate, see below examples:
- Gaining knowledge and understanding of specialist carpentry and joinery details and designs, relevant materials, construction processes and methods.
- Learning how to read construction drawings and abstract the required information.
- Gaining knowledge and understanding of procurement routes and tendering methods as well as the various forms of tender documents.
- Carrying out typical QS activities, e.g. take-offs, preparing BoQ’s and scope of works schedules, preparing estimates for works, negotiation, cost analysis and project financial control.
- Assist buying department and project management department to gain knowledge and understanding of the processes involved to facilitate buildings works on and off site.
- Assist Quantity Surveyors at Senior and Project level throughout their day-to-day activities.
Working hours and salary
Working hours and salary – negotiable.
For more information and to apply contact John James email firstname.lastname@example.org