Skanska UK developed the revised business plan for the 3-year period ending 2024; a core challenge within the plan is to become a customer-centric company.
Our Customers & Markets team are leading and driving the delivery of our customer experience transformation programme, collaborating across the BU to determine customer needs and design the customer experiences that will support our financial aspirations and help us to become the #1 respected construction company in the UK.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for the retention and growth in Network Rail.
Through effective and proactive relationship management up to C-Level, the KAM will be seen as a trusted advisor and be well placed to identify a customers business challenges and how they can be addressed by Skanska’s broad portfolio of services – ranging from consultancy to facilities management as well as traditional construction.
- Understand the customer’s Rail industry and drivers to determine the development of a specific strategy and growth plan in line with Skanska’s service portfolio so that the lifetime value of the customer is increased
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer contacts, set the strategy for development and management of relationships across the business unit ensuring no single point of failure
- Lead the creation and delivery of an account plan to achieve KPIs which include the identification and development of opportunities, work winning and customer satisfaction improvement
- Support and challenge the Skanska team to provide the best solutions and service for the customer, ensuring that the business unit takes collective responsibility for the decisions, delivery and outcomes
- Provide information on forecast customer spend to ensure that Skanska has early visibility of future work
- Drive NPS improvement through delivering end-to-end customer experience through effective relationships across both the customer and the business unit
We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrable experience of managing large customer relationships
- Proven track record of developing accounts to increase lifetime value
- Ability to align customer and organisation needs
- Rail industry experience would be an advantage but NOT a pre-requisite
- Proven record of driving business development strategies and adapting to macro/micro economic conditions to achieve business growth
- Extensive experience in leading and/or delivering complex solution-based opportunities ideally within the construction industry
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills, up to C-level
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter and a people-person
- Bachelors degree in business management and/or a construction related qualification
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.
To apply online click here