As an Emergency Response Lead Gas Engineer you’ll mainly work on your own and be the first one on the scene at customers’ homes, responding to reported gas escapes or carbon monoxide activated alarms.
Working on both contracted and emergency jobs, you’ll deal directly with customers and the emergency services, often working shifts and unsociable hours.
Confident and self-sufficient, you’ll also carry out scheduled installation, replacement, and maintenance of gas meters for both domestic and commercial properties.
You’ll monitor gas readings on programmed escapes and perform medium rise, high rise and gas safety regulation surveys. In addition, you’ll fit cooker safety valves, attend meter faults, purge and relights and much more.
No two days will ever be the same, and this is a 365 day job, meaning from time to time you will be required to undertake overnight standbys. Requirements:
- Previous experience working within a gas environment like the role advertised
- A good knowledge and experience of gas appliances; testing, purging and the commissioning of pipework
- Being comfortable engaging with the public to ensure that our customers are always looked after and at the heart of everything you do
- An understanding of Standards, Legislation, Codes of Practice and Health and Safety
- The ability to solve technical issues and think on your feet
- A full UK driving licence
- £27000 Starting Salary, rising to £33200 OTW, with additional overtime rates for standby.
- 25 days + statutory with the option to buy
- Competitive salary with fantastic career prospects
- Pension Scheme – double match up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Flex Benefits including cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurances, healthcare packages and our tech scheme which is available at a discounted rate
- Full emergency training to ensure you are operating at your best
- Vehicle, tools, equipment, phone & tablet all supplied on your first day
To apply visit here a