VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.
Due to organic growth, we are now looking for a Managing QS to join our Build business, working on a high profile project in East London.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them. The MQS should be able to effectively manage the quantity surveyors and project surveyors to successfully deliver the project and achieve optimum recovery and cash flow whilst also developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the Client.
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Mentor and develop the surveyors within the specific project team on each project being managed.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect VFL’s contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in VFL’s best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
Key skills and Experience:
- An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- Adequate experience as a SQS.
- Experience in the Construction sector working on projects £50m +.
To apply online click here.