As part of a world leading geotechnical contracting group, Bachy Soletanche Ltd specialises in all aspects of modern Geotechnics and Foundation Engineering, including bored and displacement piling, diaphragm walls, grouting, mini piling, anchors, ground improvements and environmental engineering.
To complement and strengthen our existing teams, we have the following vacancy:
A position has become available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in our Plant Engineering Department.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant or machinery which are used in the piling industry. The successful candidate will work in a small team on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.
Key Tasks: Not limited to
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment or modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Develop a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Discuss and solve complex problems with, suppliers and customers.
- Ensuring a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
- Managing Projects.
- Produce details of specifications for a design.
- Recommend modifications following testing results.
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design.
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints. • Work with other professionals, within and outside the Plant Engineering Department. • Monitor and commission a design.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in mechanical or structural engineering
- Experienced in 2D and 3D modelling using Inventor
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of Hydraulic Systems
- Worked on designs for heavy plant machinery
- Post graduate experience required
- Experience working on heavy plant designs for the piling or mining industry • An understanding of BIM
Physical Working Environment:
Mainly office based in Lancashire, however when necessary site visits are required in the UK and abroad.
For more information and to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org