At Bridges we are more than Engineers. As a team we shape and support engineering and construction for our clients who in turn touch the daily lives of millions of people across the UK. We have a large diverse team of talented Safe & Happy People, combining their strengths and ambition to bring innovation and evolution which ensures Sustainability for all stakeholders.
Across our key sectors – Power and Energy, Water, and Aggregates – we deliver diverse and interesting projects and programmes throughout UK infrastructure. Our projects range in value from £5k to £10m taking the role of Principle Contractor and Principal Designer on schemes and also supporting our valued Tier 1 contractor clients in a subcontractor and off-site manufacturing capacity.
When you join us, you’ll be part of our exciting journey.
Wherever your journey begins with us, through mutual engagement, we’ll make sure you are supported and invested in. We believe in ‘team bridges’ and leadership at all levels with our guiding principles; Safe People, Happy People, Sustainable Business.
Come and be part of our team!
- Promote and demonstrate the Bridges’ values when dealing with peers, staff, customer and clients
- Provide Line Management support to team members fostering effective teamwork, enabling development and reviewing performance
- Be accountable for the effective management and delivery of multiple projects on behalf of Bridges. The value, complexity and quantity of the projects in a portfolio will be linked to experience and competence
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and incident free in line with the Bridges Project Management Handbook
- Ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and regulations are adhered to and promote the positive health and wellbeing of the site teams on their allocated projects
- Ensure the appropriate project Governance processes are followed to minimise project delivery risks and maximise contract profitability
- Manage client expectations and foster positive working relationships to ensure the business’ reputation is maintained
- Provide appropriate and regular feedback to the Regional Manager on project performance
- Participate in project reviews and cascade and implement learning and best practice
- To coach and support Project Engineers
- To be an ambassador for Bridges and support the business goals for obtaining more work
- Industrial engineering experience – ie water industry, MEICA, civils
- Proven experience as a Project Manager and delivery of an allocated project portfolio appropriate to levels of competence and experience
- Experience in the design and delivery of projects
- Experience in managing CDM sites and working on CDM sites
- Experience in delivering under NEC contracts
- Capable of effectively managing more than one project at any one time, depending on complexity
- Capable of effectively managing teams, including employees and subcontractors
- Understanding of project governance procedures and commercial aspects of projects
- Experience in managing clients and internal / external stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of H&S legislation and regulations
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CDM Awareness (ideally SSSTS or SMSTS)
- CSCS card
- Driving licence
- Temporary Works Coordinator (desirable)
- HNC / HND level qualifications (desirable)
- NEC contract training (desirable)
APMP / PRINCE (desirable)
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.
Please visit our careers page to apply - https://careers.bridgesltd.co.uk/o/meica-project-manager-ref-bdel060