Ever wanted to get a taste of the startup world but still be involved in construction and improving the industry? Read on!
We are Laminar Projects!
If you have already heard about us, you are probably reading this because you are tired of the typical old fashioned and chaotic ways of doing things in construction.
But in case you haven’t: we are a Construction Consultancy & Tech Startup Hybrid!
We help construction projects optimize their project management as a consultancy and then we use our revenues to develop our own software products. We do things the Laminar Way, that is, we bring control and clarity to projects by implementing pragmatic solutions using a mix of latest technology, our own processes, and a big dose of common sense.
Vision (Why we exist)
We exist so that everyone in our team can thrive in a high impact community that:
- Connects us with meaningful relationships
- Inspires us to develop ourselves to become better humans
- Empowers us to pursue our own learning adventures
We believe that, by first doing this, we can achieve the highest levels of value for the world.
Missions (What we are aiming for)
- To fully digitise the construction of human civilisation
- To create a new type of organisation that enables human flourishing while delivering a huge positive impact on society
We deeply cherish our industry, with all its flaws and challenges. We believe that being a part of the construction process is being a part of what makes civilisation grow, and we have nothing but praise for the people that are helping to shape it.
So, at this point you might be asking what makes us different from other opportunities you might be looking at. Here are a couple of pointers to answer that question:
- We aren't a company; we are a team. We thrive on being a growing startup, with a dynamic culture and a tight-knit team. Our leaders are more like coaches and one of our main objectives is to give 5 years’ worth of learning and development for every 1 year with us.
- Gain diverse experience by working on projects of all sizes. You’ll get exposure to multiple projects including flagship projects such as High-Tech manufacturing plants, High-Speed Rail, Hospitals, Nuclear, or Hyperscale data centres for tech giants.
- 100% of our profits go into R&D projects, including developing our own platform to digitise construction project management. If there’s an inner tech-y vein pulsing by now, this is the place to be!
- Fast and transparent progression based on our development matrix. This means that our roles and salaries are purely meritocratic, focusing on capability over experience. So, if you have the skills to hop to the next level, you will get reviewed and promoted, simple as that. And if you don’t have the skills yet, you can learn them with us.
Get to know us more here!
We are currently looking for top-notch Planning Managers (Based in the UK or Portugal) to join our team. As a dynamic and tech-driven startup, curiosity and ingenuity are two of the main traits that we love about our applicants!
A Planning Manager at Laminar would be focused on:
- Leading planning teams while still being proficient with Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and 4D with Synchro.
- Project Data analytics with Microsoft Power BI, Power Apps and Excel (training provided).
Our clients include major Owner/Operators, Main Contractors and Subcontractors, with project values between £1m and £1B+ UK and Europe wide. Some travel is required for this project, typically 3 nights away from home every second week.
As a candidate, you should have:
- A relentless and dynamic approach to dealing with people and be able to influence them to take the best approach. (Required)
- Strong communicator in English (Required)
- A mentor mindset, to help everyone around you grow (Required)
- 5 to 10 years of site experience in the delivery of engineering & construction Projects (Required)
- Engineering related qualification (Required)
- Strong level Excel skills and strong interest in data (Required)
- Expert level Primavera P6 skills (Desirable)
- Coding skills (Nice to have)
If you don’t think you meet all the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team!
Salary and Benefits
- Full time contract, with fully flexible hours.
- Hybrid work model, where you will spend at most 2-3 days a week on site and the remaining 3-2 days working from home.
- Salary packages starting from would start between £75k and £98k (from Lead to Associate Director, respectively)
- Health Insurance and NEST pension scheme if in the UK.
- 10% - 15% of your annual salary as equity bonus.
- You will be supported to excel in whichever areas you are most interested in! With Laminar, development is unbounded.
- Note, if you are based in Portugal the respective market related salary bands and local benefits will apply.
- Should you be working remotely from any other location during your transition period based on your relocation process, the salary offered will be market related to your location at the time.
In terms of application, we usually start with a screening call to tell you what we are all about in a small, casual conversation. That helps you to know us a bit better and tell us a bit about yourself.
From them on, the process is the following: you will have one presentation exercise and a technical exercise, focusing on your ability to present ideas and outcomes. After that, it’s down to the offer stage.
Usually, we try to make the process as smooth as possible by ensuring we would get back to you in a maximum of two weeks.
To apply online click here.
We get hundreds of applications so please include a short summary/cover letter explaining why you want to join us and what you think you bring to the team - We aren't a giant faceless corporation; we really care about the people who want to join our team so all letters will be read by one of the Partners.