Wates are seeking a talented Pre-Construction Manager to join our Residential team to be a key member of the team delivering and executing Pre-Construction strategies and activities, focussing on joint venture development schemes or potential high profile, technically complex construction-only projects.
If you are passionate about the residential sector and experienced in delivering developments in joint venture partnerships and / or contracting only-partnerships, then we have an opportunity to join our successful and growing team.
Seeking a candidate with proven skills and strong track record of success, they will be confident in challenging the norm and bringing fresh ideas forwards.
If you are an agile-thinker and able to confidently lead bids of scale and complexity, influence senior leaders both internally and externally, then we have a great opportunity for you to join us and progress your career as part of a talented, diverse, and supportive team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Pre-Construction Managers are a valuable part of our business, being the key lead for our JV or Contractor tenders, with IP and tactics that will position us as a market-leader to be the partner of choice for our public sector residential partners.
AS OUR PRE-CONSTRUCTION MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Take responsibility for the leadership of project bid teams, liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders, coordinating all inputs and analysis holding to tender or preconstruction programmes. Maintain a customer focussed approach.
- Drive win strategies, commercially and quality-wise.
- Be confident in chairing meetings with peers and Board, influencing win themes and leading conversations around key decisions.
- Interface effectively with our Clients and Client Advisors at required intervals ensuring their requirements are clearly understood, reflected and enhanced in our tender.
- Drive best practice internally, ensuring we are ahead of the competition and setting ourselves up for success.
- Ensure that all members of the project bid team have a clear understanding of their role and required oututs.
- Ensure all bids are carried out and settled in accordance with Wates governance; Planning ahead for the required series of Investment Committees and Governance gateways, ensuring the right internal stakeholders are taken ‘on the journey’ in a timely manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary & profit share scheme
- Flexible working
- Car Allowance / Company Car
- Travel covered to any of our sites (subject to HMRC advisory rates)
- Extensive corporate benefits including, Private Medical, Pension 8% employers’ contribution, Health and Wellness programme, 26 days holidays + bank holidays and much more…
- One of the best learning and development programmes which is customizable to support your career progression goals. (c.7000 training sessions delivered year to date across the WATES Group)
- Industry leading family leave benefits to included 26 weeks fully paid maternity, 12 weeks fully paid paternity.
To apply online before February 28 click here.
Work for Wates
Wates Group is one of the largest, and most successful family-owned private construction, development, and property services companies in the UK. We are building a place to work where everyone belongs, by one small act of inclusion at a time. We celebrate difference and welcome diversity.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, we are committed to equality and are proud to have been recognised for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditation with Investors in People, we are also a Disability Confident employer. Being a family owned, business means we understand and value long term relationships.
The Wates Group are committed to three ambitious environmental targets for 2025: Zero Waste, and Zero Carbon, from our operations and Positive Nature Enhancement. Wates are pushing to take a leading role in reducing our industry’s environmental impact.