As part of a world leading geotechnical contracting group, Bachy Soletanche Limited specialises in all aspects of modern Geotechnics and Foundation Engineering, Including bored and displacement piling, diaphragm walls, grouting, mini piling, anchors, ground improvements and environmental engineering
Bachy Soletanche is looking for a dynamic Pre-Construction & New Business Development Manager to drive our brand forward and help grow new markets. The role will focus on building and maintaining relationships with engineers, principal contractors and clients, as well developing partnerships with the supply chain. The successful candidate will bring innovative engagement ideas to the fore, generate a pipeline of tenders and play a pro-active role within the work-winning team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Incorporate excellence in safety, quality, through our tenders and company presentations.
- Develop and promote the Company’s growth strategy externally and within the Bachy Soletanche business.
- Promote the business to develop and maintain client relationships through structured client visits, marketing, webinars and industry events.
- Liaise with Soletanche Bachy Group organisations to identify potential joint opportunities.
- Maintain a pipeline of future works and track enquiries.
- Understand requirements of Main Contractors/Client and prepare ‘Go/No Go’ presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, presentation and lead Tender Launch Meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of Win Plan documents.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of pre-qualification, tenders and presentations documents required as part of the submission.
- Co-ordinate on going estimates.
- Liaise with Operation, Plant Department and Group experts.
- Report pipelines, tender progress, and outcomes to the Bachy Soletanche Board meetings.
- Participate in B2B meeting with Clients.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities to increase profitability.
- Feed, maintain and follow up on the Project Pipeline and Client database.
- Participate in corporate governance (CSX) risk review meetings at corporate and Group level.
- Participate in the negotiations of the tenders submitted.
- Use technology and data metrics to better understand potential projects through data analytics based on CRM (SalesForce) data using Power apps.
- Manage the marketing department for external communication including social media.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Confident team player who is communicative, personable, approachable, with excellent people management skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and organised.
- Has an interest in digital technology to assist in future project intelligence gathering.
- Technical knowledge and experience in bidding, at a senior level complex project.
- Use of industry recognised civil engineering CRM and estimating packages.
- Have existing links within the construction industry and with potential clients.
- Geotechnical works knowledge is a plus but is not essential.
Qualification and Training Required:
- A relevant qualification in engineering is preferred e.g. degree or HND
- CSCS Card
- CRM & Estimating software experience/training
- Full Driving Licence
Physical Working Environment:
Office based in Camberley with travel to other UK offices, sites and client meetings as required. Work nationally throughout the UK (for short durations if necessary)
This is a permanent, full time position.
How to Apply?
Please apply by sending CV & Cover letter to: email@example.com or by post to HR Department, Bachy Soletanche Limited, Langley place, Higgins Lane, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 8JS.
Flexible working options available.