VolkerHighways is an integrated highways service provider operating across London and the South of England. Our goal is to deliver the best highways solutions within our industry through efficiency, responsibility and a focus on clients and their customers.
Our services include highways term maintenance, street lighting and electrical services, surfacing, traffic management and public realm infrastructure projects. We also offer Smart City services, through VolkerSmart Technologies.
We help clients to focus on their customers’ needs; using highways solutions based on safety, resident and business needs, asset management and asset improvement.
Our repeat business is testament to the valued services we deliver, through a culture of cooperation and partnership. We bring industry best practice and innovation to our clients by taking a leading role in the civil engineering industry and sharing in the expertise of our wider VolkerWessels UK group.
We are now looking for a Pre-Construction Coordinator to join the team, based out of our Head Office in Hoddesdon.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and maintain the bid library as a knowledge hub for the pre-construction team to support bid submissions
The secondary purpose of the role is to develop written responses to quality submissions and support bid co-ordination and administration.
- Develop and maintain a simple, intuitive, easy to navigate bid library
- Following submission of bids and feedback from the customer, work with the bid writers to update the bid library with new/updated information gathered from the bid process.
- Help bid writers source material within the bid library
- Creating and maintaining content for bid responses
- Working with the core pre-construction team, operational lead, other specialists within the business and our supply chain to create written material for bid responses (both prequalification and tender stage).
- Recording enquiries and tenders onto the CRM system
- Monitor and manage client correspondence including clarifications and amendments
- Submitting clarification requests once approved and recording on the clarifications log
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience of Microsoft, including Teams, Sharepoint, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Successful experience of working as a bid writer within a bid team
- Successful experience of working within a bid team for a construction company
- Successful experience of working within a bid team within the construction sector.
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please click on the link here.