Based in Doncaster our Bentley Works Facility provides a huge range of manufacturing, engineering and maintenance services, using specialist equipment and precision tooling. The facility provides the main hub for our internal piling and foundation equipment.
We are now seeing a Production Manager to join our growing team, you will ensure the cost, quality and delivery of the products required from the Fabrication and Machining facility.
- Facilitate the management of employee relations within the team, coordinating processing of investigatory and disciplinary matters.
- Production schedule from information supplied by the Fabrication Business Stream and internal requisitions for Regional Operational Business Streams.
- Pre-production planning with the Fabrication Business Stream for external work requirements.
- Pre-production planning with the internal Bentley Resource team for internal fabrication requirements
- Budgets for all work activities are agreed prior to commencement and monitoring during production to ensure on time delivery to the required budget
- Review employee performance and identify training needs, in conjunction, with the Supervisors and Managers in the Fabrication and Machining facility.
We’re looking for:
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
- Strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget at the right time
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to meet deadlines
- Identify carbon reduction savings in our processes to meeting our Net Zero Carbon target
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.
To apply online click here.