Professional Construction Strategies Group Limited (PCSG) is a leading built environment consultancy and trusted adviser to an extensive and diverse range of clients. Since 2000, we have supported organisations and executives to achieve their business goals – and ultimately to flourish – through delivering smart solutions to contemporary challenges.
We are at the forefront of the drive to digitise the construction industry, using key tools such as Building Information Modelling (BIM) which uses advanced computer systems to build 3D models and hold large amounts of information about its design, operation and current condition. We are also at the forefront of deploying business systems to store, manage and make valuable use of this BIM data throughout the life of an asset.
Our Chairman, Mark Bew MBE, has led the development of the Government’s Construction Strategy, that led to the mandating of Level 2 BIM, and was a key contributor to the Government’s Construction 2025 strategy. He was the Chairman of the UK Government BIM Task Group, which delivered the Level 2 programme. Mark also led the development of the Government’s Digital Built Britain Strategy.
Specific Role and Context
This role is a key role focussed around advising and supporting our Developer Clients in the delivery of their data and information management requirements.
Our Project BIM Managers/Information Managers work across a number of projects concurrently delivering all aspect of BIM support to enable our Client’s BIM Employers Information Requirements (EIR) aspirations to be achieved. With the ability and confidence to chair BIM start up meetings, model coordination meetings, verifying and validating the project BIM models, the Project BIM Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the BIM EIRs are delivered and the value attached to our Client’s assets and optimised.
Job Requirements (Responsibilities and Accountabilities)
· Review and assist with the development of the Client’s BIM Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR)
· Develop and agree the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) with the Client and Consultants
· Establish and implement the project BIM Protocols with the Client and Consultants
· Model Auditing and data verification
· Review and develop the Master Information Delivery Plan
· Review Task Information Delivery Plans
· Chair the Project BIM Launch meeting
· Perform Clash Detection and Reporting
· Model Federation
· Create model checking rule sets
· Advise and set up COBie requirements
· Prepare and review supply chain capability assessments
· Work closely with the Project team to ensure deliverables are issued and received to an agreed programme and deadlines
· Assist with the handover process of the information model to the Client and their FM team, leading up to during and after the project completion
· Establishing a common data environment, along with its processes, procedures and security and ensuring its integrity.
· Establishing the information structure and standards for the information model, agreeing output formats and validating compliance.
· Establishing responsibilities for the provision of information and its level of detail for each project stage (as set out in the Employer's Information Requirements).
· Enabling integration of information by the project team and co-ordination of information by the lead designer.
· Assisting the project team to establish information exchange processes.
· Other management procedures such as record keeping, change control procedures, and so on.
· Ability to review advise and develop BIM Execution Plans
· Ability to review, advise and develop Employer Information Requirements
· Ability to review and advise on the Asset Information Requirements
· Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes, industry issues and developments in best practice.
· Provide technical support to project teams and guide them on BIM related matters
· Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new market opportunities in line with the business strategy
· BIM Software application skills
· Client services techniques
· Communication Skills
· Results focussed
· Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
· Ability to work independently and with others
· Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
· Ability to lead Project BIM meetings
Job Skills & Knowledge (Essential)
· Work Well Under Pressure
· Problem Solving
· Relationship Building
· Good working knowledge of Revit
· Excellent knowledge of Navisworks
· Excellent knowledge of COBie Extension
· Excellent knowledge of Solibri Model Checker
· Excellent knowledge of BS and PAS 1192 suite of documents
Job Skills & Knowledge (Desirable)
· Knowledge of ISO 19650
· Degree in a related field including Engineering, Computer Science, BIM, Architecture, Information Management or in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
· Working towards or achieved a professional qualification in a related field of study
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org