Our people are at the heart of our business, and we are committed to fostering a culture that inspires, supports, and encourages our people to build something special. Our success as a business relies on our people who work across our sites, operational teams and enabling departments, and through their hard work, commitment, and talent, play their role in ISG achieving our vision to deliver places for people and businesses to thrive.
To lead the construction delivery of a high value, technically complex project within the ISG Datacentre business unit. This will include leading and ensuring industry best practice in Health, Safety and Wellbeing, developing construction methodologies, delivering a quality product, managing a large team of ISG managers and sub-contractors at all stages of the project life cycle from biding to handover. In addition to construction delivery you will also contribute to procurement, programming, commercial, MEP delivery and deputise for the Project Director where necessary.
- To take full responsibility for construction delivery of a project.
- Develop and revise project plans such as the CPP, work at height strategy, fire strategy.
- To identify problems and offer solutions.
- To suggest sub-contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
- To review design and shop drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
- To offer high level strategic thinking at project level (lower level strategic input only is required for the skills area).
- To attend and present at the project bid interviews and workshops.
- To be aware of the existence of marketing relationships with external professionals and clients.
- To produce precise and succinct project reports.
- To take responsibility for strategic control of the programme.
- To take a lead role in the presentation of the project to the client.
- Thorough understanding of MEP and specialist systems.
- Appointment of coordinator roles to the project team
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out a similar role to a high quality
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process, preferably major project / data centre environment
- Able to collate information from team to prepare and present the project reports
- Fully conversant with CDM and all relevant Health & Safety legislation and previous experience of successful implementation on a major project
- Use facts and data to influence an outcome
- Leads the collaborative planning and sub-contractor co-ordination
- Ensure the weekly trade contractor site meetings and project meetings take place and highlight potential issues that need addressed
- Recognised qualification and/or experience in construction.
- Recognised safety leadership qualifications SMSTS, IOSH etc
- Fully conversant with CDM
- In addition to general knowledge of common building and service trade, greater in-depth knowledge and expertise in some specific areas e.g. complex MEP systems, fit out, security
Join us and you'll find a range of high-quality learning and development opportunities. We see this as a key part of our success because it means we can be agile and innovative to meet constantly changing business needs, now and for the future. That's why we'll ensure you continue developing, so you're always prepared for what's next.
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Care
- GP Service
- Electric car scheme
- Car allowance
- Holiday, plus a You day
- Generous Maternity of 9 months and Paternity leave of 8 weeks, full pay
- monthly wellbeing allowance
- Opportunities to grow and develop.
Our workplace strategy ‘Work for You’ includes flexible working practices such as hybrid working where employees can split their working time between work and home. We also recognise that some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please discuss this with your recruiter, during the hiring process.
ISG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply online click here.