An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Martec as a Project Designer, within our design team at an exciting time for the company as we look to continue our momentum and expand our team further.
You will be responsible for producing CAD drawings/designs, for curtain walling, doors and windows, both fire rated and NFR.
Martec work on commercial projects within the UK ranging from £100K to £2+ Million. The ideal candidate will be passionate about their role and have extensive experience in the industry.
- The design of external façade/fenestration of medium to large scale commercial projects, from concept/design development, through to approval and construction issue.
- The design of passive fire protection; curtain walling, fully glazed doors and screens.
- Producing manufacture/production drawings, for all components.
- Scheduling material and glazing required for project procurement.
- Liaising with our clients, their design team and the project design team, ie architects, engineers, main contractors.
- Attending design meetings.
- Raising contract variations, if there are any changes in design intent/scope.
- Manage your own small/medium projects or areas of larger projects.
- To record and document information flow (drawing registers, RFI’s, internal forms).
- Design of custom solutions which may include testing and development to meet our customers’ demands and our reputation for bespoke solutions that go the extra mile.
- 2+ years experience working within the façade/fenestration industry.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing.
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular, Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Proficient in Schucal or LogiKal (or demonstratable knowledge of similar fenestration tools).
- Self-motivated individual able to use own initiative.
- To be able to work part of a team, as well as the ability to apply concentrated individual effort.
- A good level of accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience in liaising with clients and the project design team.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to create and read technical drawings.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Communication skills and relationship building to work with clients and other engineers and architects to understand and interpret their designs.
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines.
- Flexible approach to decision making, to make changes to drawings at short notice.
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D and 3D.
- Experience working with steel systems houses eg; Jansen, RP Technik or Forster
- Proficient in 3D CAD software – Autocad/Revit/Inventor/Solidworks.
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related discipline.
- Fire rated curtain wailing, doors and screens experience.
- Schueco SAFE Fire Expert accreditation
For the right candidate training and development will be provided and we will consider remote working from any part of the country.
If you are interested in the above position please forward your CV to the following email: